28 - Making A Choice

Jungkook's eyes locked on Jimin's lovely ones, barely blinking as his body stood paralyzed by the mans unexpected words. Did he really hear Jimin correctly? "What? Why not?" Jungkook asked softly, he didn't really want to know but he wanted some form of closure, he knew it was his own fault but he refused to accept it just yet.

"Jungkook, I'm coaching your son, it's not appropriate, plus you said it yourself, you have other important things going on. Focus on your son, he's a sweet growing boy, it clear that I don't fit into your life anywhere. Please, understand my decision, it's really in the best interest for the both of us." Jimin exclaimed fighting back the urge to tell Jungkook how much he didn't really feel that way.

"But, I made my mind up, I'm certain about this now. I don't care about others opinions, I just wanna be with you Jimin." Jungkook tried but Jimin shook his head, his heart felt like it was going to explode and his eyes were starting to water listening to his sweet tone filled with distress as he directed his hurt expression on him as they stood in the middle of the field. 

"Jungkook....we shouldn't talk about this now. It's time for training to start." Jimin said gulping back the sharp pain that was forming in his throat while he fought the urge cry on frustration. The cute petite coach turned rapidly before Jungkook could utter a word, and began to instruct the boys on the new skills.

Jungkook's dark regret filled eyes were glued on Jimin and his feet were stuck in the same spot where the beautiful coach left him. He probably would had stayed there the entire time if it wasn't for Junsu walking up to him. "Mr Jeon? Are you okay?" The tiny voice asked.

Jungkook's eyes finally remembered how to blink and he removed his longing gaze and his troubled mind from Jimin's alluring existence. He turned and gave a short nod to the young child before walking with him towards the the bleachers where a certain traitor named Taehyung sat nervously.

Jungkook purposely took a seat next to Taehyung, his brain was running with thousands of questions he desperately needed answers to. "Why are you here Tae?" Jungkook asked in a low broken voice as he kept his sight on Jimin running across the field with the children.

It didn't make sense to Jungkook, how was it possible that the second he willing to give love and a relationship a try fate decided against it. He was sure that meeting Jimin was written in the stars, but it sure didn't feel like that right now to him.

"Jungkook, we're just friends. I swear I had nothing to do with his decision, he chose this on his own. Jimin is hurting bad from his past relationship, he's just trying to protect his heart." Taehyung confessed shifting his body so that he could face Jungkook, but the other man refused to look at him because he was leaving out the reason they had gotten closer.

"I told you at the club that how much he meant to me, you saw me cry over him at the deli." Jungkook said, his eyes welling up with tears as he watched the man flash his ethereal smile as he engaged with the kids.

"But you broke his heart when you rejected him Jungkook.....I'm just picking up the pieces you destroyed by being so indecisive. You and I know he deserves better than that."

Jungkook scuffed and turned to glare in Taehyung's direction. "So you pretend to be my friend to only get closer to him? I saw the way you stated at him at the club, did you plan this somehow?" Jungkook questioned angrily.

Taehyung was taken back by the accusations, the man could admit that when he saw Jimin at the club he was insanely attracted to the tiny cutie but he never meant to come between him and Jungkook. "No, I told you I didn't mean to intervene, I did want us to be friends Jungkook, we still could be though." Taehyung tried but Jungkook let out a bitter scoff.