33 - Promise Me

Jimin observed Jungkook getting the popcorn ready as he scrolled through the selections of movies until picking a romantic comedy. "Can I sit on the bed with you?" Jungkook questioned when he turned around to find Jimin sitting with his legs crossed over the single queen sized bed, fidgeting fingers struggling to keep his hold on the steaming hot popcorn bag because it was fucking burning. Jimin nodded and scooted over a little to give Jungkook's larger body space to be comfortable.

They were 30 minutes into the movie and neither of the two were paying attention to it, they really just couldn't though, because every so often their gazes would shift from the screen to see what the other was doing and when one was caught they'd simply turn to face the moving pictures again. It was awkward as hell, not what Jungkook had planned for it to go but as minutes kept passing he had enough of it, so he cleared this throat to kill the silence between them with more awkwardness.

"My wife died last year..." Jungkook said getting Jimin to frown and face him to see his gaze on his lap as he took a trip down memory lane. "Jungkook, you don't have to talk about it if you're not ready." Jimin interrupted the taller. He placed his small hand on Jungkook's thigh, and felt his own tears form when he saw a few fall from the others glossy eyes.

"I need to talk about it, there's only two people that really know my internal struggles and I feel like I need you to know them also, to really understand why I pushed you away at first." Jungkook stated looking up to meet eyes with Jimin, he slid his hand over to hold onto the smaller one, clutching it tightly and taking in a few deep shaky breathes because he was getting emotional over the painful memory.

"We got into his argument just before she died, all because she thought that I was cheating on her and didn't love her anymore. She stormed out of the house angry, and I didn't chase after her, I let her go because truthfully I did stop loving her romantically. Everyday I live with this agonizing guilt in my heart, reliving that same day and hating myself all over again for not telling her what was really going on with me." Jungkook professed.

"At the time it didn't make sense, but for some unknown reason I wanted something different. I felt like my needs weren't met with her, she was wonderful though, a great mother and a wonderful wife but I couldn't explain why none of that made me happy. It had nothing to do with sex, it's like there was a missing piece in my heart that I hadn't unlocked yet." Jungkook exclaimed with his heart on his sleeve.

Jungkook lifted Jimin's cute little hand and brought it up to his slender lips and closing his eyes at the feeling of his soft skin on his while endless tears rolled down his face and damped the smaller males limp. Jimin didn't move or pull away, he wanted to let Jungkook seek comfort in him, and it was working because the taller males frown was slowly morphing into a smile, it was broken, filled with so much sorrow but there was hope behind it also.

Jungkook left another kiss on Jimin's hand, holding it close to his flushed cheek as he continued gazing into the other males lovely brown eyes. "I found that missing part when I met you though Jimin, that fire that I was longing for wasn't another woman, or a man, it was you, specifically you with your sweet smiles that make me melt, those soft kisses that have me wanting more and that endearing personality that I love being around."

Jimin had tears in his eyes, they were falling rapidly down his cheeks at Jungkook's confession, it was everything he wanted to hear but it was too late now. "Jungkook, I'm sorry but please stop, don't, don't do this." Jimin cried caressing Jungkook's cheek with his hand, his actions were so different from his words and it was clear to the taller how he's been craving him so badly for these past three months, just like he did. 

"I know, you don't have to say it. I just wanted you to know that I was terrified, it didn't make sense to me because I went my whole life liking woman, thinking I was completely straight and you knocking me off my feet the way you did was confusing. I want you to know that I don't care about that, labels don't mean anything to me, whether I'm straight, gay or bi doesn't matter because I want you, I love you Jimin."