06 - Dinner with Jeon

Jaehyun dragged Jimin by his hand, smiling happily as they made their way through the living room, giving the coach a chance to observe his surroundings while he stumbled behind the small child. His eyes saw many photo frames of the boy with his parents, and a few of just the boy with his handsome father.

Jimin laughed seeing the Jaehyun tug at his arm leading him into the large dinning room. The coach was mesmerized by what a beautiful house they family owned, they were a small family from what he figured so far but the house was so enormous that one would think they had more children running around the home.

Jungkook was smiling to himself following behind while he watched the two interact so adorably. They soon all took their seats and Jaehyun beamed at the coach, "We have food prepared already! I hope you like it, I helped make it!" The child said waiting for Jimin to take the first bite.

"Jaehyun, please stop being weird." Jungkook laughed while he fixed is cloth napkin onto his lap, he took his seat across from Jimin while the young child sat next to his beloved coach and mimicked his actions. 

"Its okay really, he's not being weird." Jimin declared with a precious smile towards the boys father. Jungkook nodded and gazed away, trying hard as hell not to blush because Jimin's eyes, lips, nose, face, and everything was perfect and impossible to not drool over. 

Jimin looked around to see that only three plates were set up, "So will your wife be joining us?" The coach questioned, he kept his smile on his face but there was a touch of jealously in his tone just thinking about the lucky woman who was married this gorgeous father.

The room grew silent for a moment, the once happy bright smile on the small boy had faded and he appeared to be on the verge of tears now. Jimin was oblivious to the sudden gloominess in the atmosphere, he cleared his throat about to apologize for ruining the moment but Jungkook beat him to it.

"My wife, well, she actually passed away, so now she won't be joining us." Jungkook mentioned switching his gaze from Jimin to Jaehyun who was staring at his lap now, little body shaking at the memory. 

Jimin felt so stupid for asking, obviously he didn't know that the woman had died but he felt horrible for reminding them of the tragic incident, and even worse for making the adorable bunny smile on the young boy morph into a melancholic frown.

Jimin gave an apologetic look to Jungkook and turned in his chair to see Jaehyun letting small tears fall from his eyes, sad little sniffles coming from his nose that he wiped with his sleeve. "I'm sorry Jaehyun." The coach reassured the child, rubbing his shoulder gently but Jaehyun wouldn't look up at him.

"It's okay Jimin, really. It's been hard on him the most." Jungkook iterated giving a weak smile to the coach who hated himself even more now. "I know how you feel Jae." Jimin spoke up making the small child quickly bring his teary eyes up to his coach. "You do?" Jaehyun questioned in his little cracked voice.

Jimin nodded, and inhaled deeply before spitting out the words he was going to say next, "My eomma died also when I was young too." He stated, his lips clamping together, trying hard not to cry as he remembered the wonderful women that was taken to early from his life. "I miss her everyday." 

Jungkook silently watched the look on Jaehyun's face as he listened closely to the coach's words. "But you know unlike you, I didn't have an amazing caring father to help me through it like you do." Jimin vocalized smiling at the child who's frown turned into a big, precious grin. 

Jaehyun never thought anyone would understand him, his father said he did but never sat and talked to him about it like he needed someone to do. But here was his soccer coach, pouring his heart out and telling him that he's been down the same rode also.