12 - Keep Me Company

~ A Few Hours Earlier ~

Jaehyun and Jungkook were sitting in the living room waiting for the coach to arrive, but soon they started to accept that Jimin wasn't going to be accompanying them for dinner after all. Jaehyun was disappointed as he ate because he had so many things he wanted to tell Jimin but Jungkook reassured him that sometimes adults got busy with other things and that he'd see him for their game anyways, hiding the fact that he was bummed himself.  

Soon Jaehyun was leaving towards his bedroom to play some video games when the sound of someone knocking made his face lighten up, with quick feet the small boy rushed over to open the front door faster than the flash but his excited smiled morphed into a blank stare when he noticed the familiar next door neighbor boy standing there instead of Jimin who he was expecting to see. 

"Hey Jae! I wanted to know if you could come over to my house for a sleepover maybe? My appa bought me the new pokemon video game and I remembered how much you like that show so I thought that I'd ask you to come test it out with me. What do you say?" The other boy said fiddling with his fingers, nervous about being rejected. 

The two kids were very close friends at one point, practically inseparable but after Jaehyun's mother's death he pushed him away. Jungkook tried to get him to go over and play several times but it's like his son wanted to mourn the woman's passing alone with no one else comfort.

"Oh, I don't know Junsu..." Jaehyun mumbled softly making his eyes look away from the dissatisfaction on every inch of the other boys little face, Junsu was about to turn around and accept it when Jungkook rushed over and intercepted. "Jae, you should go and have fun, you deserve it." The father mentioned, nudging his small son playfully until he got a laugh from him.

Jaehyun did in fact wanted to hang out with his old friend, he was just scared to get close to anyone that didn't understand him. He figured the other boy didn't know what losing a loved one felt like and he worried that he'd be judged for randomly crying whenever he thought of his late mother, but Junsu wasn't like the other boys he was wise beyond his years and very patient.

"Please Jae? It'll be fun I promise." Junsu expressed with a small grin on his face which made Jaehyun's familiar bunny smile appear as the memories of the exciting adventures he used to have with the neighbor boy reappeared in his mind. "Okay but prepare to lose because I've been learning some cheat codes and I'm ready to defeat others with them." Jaehyun snickered competitively getting Junsu to giggle and shake his head. 

Jungkook felt a huge wave of relief seeing the two boys reconnect like nothing ever divided their friendship to begin with, and in no time the two were rushing towards Jaehyun's room to collect a few things. Jaehyun didn't go anywhere without his binder of Pokemon cards, a few superhero action figures, and of course he picked out a pair of pajamas and his favorite blanket that his mother gave him before she passed away. 

"Bye appa! See you tomorrow!!" Jaehyun told his father, he gave Jungkook a tight hug and felt a kiss being left over his silky raven hair. "I love you Jae. Be good and respectful to the Lee family okay. I'm so proud of you." Jungkook exclaimed to his son, practically smothering him until he was strong enough to squeeze away, Jaehyun had a giant smile on his face, laughing and waving goodbye to his father and closing the door behind him as he left to the neighbors house. 

Jungkook was alone now, so after changing out into comfortable clothing he was sitting over his couch, binging on shows that he couldn't watch with Jaehyun around, at least until he heard the door being knocked on. Jungkook was perplexed, and worried because he was thinking that maybe Jaehyun was home sick already but when he swung the door open it was revealed that the person he's been dying to see was standing there.