24 - Nice Distraction

Taehyung's lips perked up into a smile, "Cool, I promise to show you a good time." He said, eyes sparkling as if he had tiny crystals in them making Jimin blush at the other male's aura, before rushing off to collect his order that was being called by the woman at the counter. The two stayed a while in the deli shop, learning the basic about each other and enjoying their meals until lunch break was over and Jimin had to return back to work.

"Let me give you a ride. You'll get there faster." Taehyung insisted and Jimin was a total sucker for the mans intense stare so of course he accepted.

Jimin remained silent in the short drive back to the school, mostly because he didn't know what else to say because in reality Taehyung was a total stranger, friendly but not someone he would casually just begin talking random nonsense with. Taehyung also made no attempt to ease the awkward silence between them, so he kept on driving and giving Jimin his peace and quiet.

Once they arrived to the school parking lot Jimin hurriedly stepped out of the vehicle, he only had a few minutes until his next class started and it wasn't that he wanted to bolt away from Taehyung but he didn't want to get in trouble with the principle, but Taehyung rushed out his longs legs after him. "Jimin wait!"

Taehyung rubbed at the back of his neck and ruffled his own shaggy brown hair. "You didn't give me your number." Taehyung exclaimed with a sheepish smile, and it was adorable in Jimin's eyes, but it was true, he did agree to hang out with him later. "Oh, right." Jimin stated telling Taehyung the new number he owned, he purposely changed it in attempt to avoid Yoongi's future calls.

Jimin gave Taehyung a short wave goodbye and his pretty breathtaking smile before leaving to face the school again, there was an obvious shade of blush on the smaller males cheeks, and he had no idea why he felt so nervous around Taehyung. Jimin wasn't falling for him, his feeling for Jungkook remained true and strong but it was a nice distraction from his current problems.

Off in the parking lot sat a familiar convertible, it was settled just a few slots down from where Jimin and Taehyung were talking and the two people sitting in the car were quietly watching them step out of the same vehicle like they had just been on a lunch date together.

Yoongi was glaring with rage when he saw his ex-boyfriend with another man and even more furious because it wasn't even the same one from the club. "That fucking bitch already has another boyfriend?!" Yoongi growled, punching the steering wheel making Hoseok flinch at the outburst.

Hoseok remained silent because what the hell was he even going to say? The only thing he thought about was how lucky Jimin was that he was no longer trapped next to Yoongi's side.

Jimin was soon stepping into the bathroom of the school to freshen himself up, and when he glanced at his reflection in the mirror he could see his lips turning into a frown because he was seeing that the make up on his neck was slowly fading and the passionate deep hickies that Jungkook left the other night were obvious now.

Jimin trailed his fingers and eyes along his neck, the sensation of his soft finger tips on the barely noticeable red spots made flashes of memories enter his mind. He closed his eyes and sighed shakily, recalling the way the Jungkook's lips and tongue sent chills throughout his entire body in that moment, the way he caressed him and thrusted upward into him was too amazing.

Jimin grabbed and soaked a paper towel to begin to wipe the make up away, thinking about Jungkook's words every time he rubbed on his skin, making the reddish purple blotches on his neck reappear. "Fucking stupid, of course this would happen, how could we ever be together Jimin? He has a son, and you don't belong in their lives." Jimin expressed bitterly staring at himself in the mirror. 

Jimin winced at the pain he was inflicting himself as he wiped his make up off, it was starting to feel raw, his smooth skin was angry that he wasn't treating it with proper care. Sighing out and pushing down the sadness built up in him and Jimin grasped onto the sink, letting out one last hard sob and watching as his tears fell into the drain hiding the evidence that he was hurting.

Minutes later and Jimin had finally found the strength to wash his face and reapplied his make up. He stared at his own reflection in the mirror, to see that he successfully hid the heartbreak, frustration, and shame he had written all over his face and body.

The day took forever to end for Jimin, he could barely concentrate on his classes as the only thing catching his attention was the memories of Jungkook rejecting him, Taehyung's friendly smile and the once good memories he used to have with Yoongi. Jimin spent most of his time comparing all three men and attempting to figure out why the hell did life have to be so twisted. 

It was the end of the day now, all the kids had departed from their class and were gathering up to either wait for their bus or for their parents to pick them up, Jimin though was at his desk, he had given the kids a small quiz on healthy eating habits and decided that he needed to grade them before actually leaving to his lonely apartment. 

Jimin was sighing, groaning in frustration because grading a simple test was difficult at the moment and it was until his phone beeped signaling that he had a phone call did Jimin decided that he was giving up on his work briefly until his mind was more clear. Jimin glanced over at his phone but he didn't recognize the number and when he answered it the familiar deep voice on the other line spoke out to him. 

"Hey Jimin. It's me, Taehyung. So, I know this is last minute but I'm off work and I was wondering if I can pick you up, if you haven't made it home already? Anyways, maybe we can hang out for a bit if you're not busy?" Taehyung asked with his fingers crossed, Jimin just couldn't see him but he was really looking forward to him agreeing. 

Jimin frowned, and looked over at the work he still needed to do but he knew that there was no point in working on something when his head wasn't fully there. "Yeah, that'd be great. I'm actually still at the school, working on a few things but it honestly want wait. I'll be at the front door waiting for you." Jimin said packing up his things as he spoke.

He couldn't explain it but and didn't want to question it either but he wanted to spend as much time as he could next to Taehyung's side. It was the only way Jungkook's memory wouldn't taunt him, even if this meant he was using the taller, gorgeous, sincere man as a nice distraction.