Chapter 12 / The new light

I stopped at a halt, jumping in the air and suddenly turning back into human, landing on my face. On the grass. I pushed myself up and dusted off my trainers and clothes, we were here, all of the bulging were either in rubble or nearly rubble or had pieces of wood or brick falling off of the building.

It was chaos, I suddenly felt heart sank. My whole world came crumbling down. The only home I've ever know... destroyed. I didn't know that the destruction was this bad, I can only imagine what the other bunkers look like. I was drawn out of my thoughts as a hand grasped my shoulder, panting,

"Alina I thought we were not using our abilities just take in the nature!" Said Halle panting and trying not to faint.

"I was taking in the nature... but in another... light? form."

Halle then tried her best not to laugh at my comment but failed. She regained her posture and her breath, she was no longer panting.

"Halle where's-?" I didn't even get to finish my sentence as a pure black wolf landed on me pushing my shoulders down causing my to stumble backward, the wolf's tail wagged as in a blink of an eye I saw Serina standing on me.

"Get off!" I screeched trying to get up

Serina offered me her hand and helped me to my feet. I again fired myself down. As Halle and Serina laughed at my pouting face. I rolled my eyes sarcastically and made my way inside of the ruins of the Narnu Clan Bunker.

Even a few steps in I could feel the terror and fear in this place, this wasn't home anymore, it was a reminder. I shook off that feeling as I made my way deeper and deeper in to my once home. I scrunched my nose at the pungent smell of gunpowder. I held my breath as we walked in further.

"Meet at the sweet shop?" I said questionably,

Halle and Serina both nodded as they made their separate ways  further into the bunker. I made my way to our old home, running past all of the rubble and fallen bricks, I saw all of the houses were so damaged I didn't dare dream on what our house looked like. I could dwell on that thought... until I came to where our house was, I squeezed my eyes shut not prepared for what I was about to see, I opened my eyes slowly...

I covered my moth in shock, tears welling in my eyes, the whole house was rubble... it was all gone, I fell to my knees not being able to believe what I was seeing, this can't be! This has to be a dream! It just- I couldn't even finish my sentence as I began to weep, I couldn't stop it. My whole life... gone.

I have to be strong. I wiped away my salty tears, the streaks left on my face. I stood up, walking over the rubble and destruction, till I got to the part where my wardrobe would have been, there wasn't even a second floor, only rubble. I began to dig through the rubble looking for anything I can salvage. I didn't care if I got cuts or scrapes, I needed something! Anything!

To take with me! I dug and dug and dug, I saw a flicker of pastel purple and pastel blue, I dug quicker and deeper, I finally found it. My pastel purple cashmere sweater, with diamonds lacing the zip and gold and sliver thread for the stitching  just gave the perfect touch. It was a bit dusty but I can fix that.

I then pulled out the pastel blue cashmere sweater, with diamonds lacing the zip and gold and sliver thread for the stitching  just gave the perfect touch. It is Serina's. I found something that survived, we had to go through so much trouble to get these from the humans, our clan bunker leaders had to get someone undercover to get them. 

I'm glad these things survived. I flung them over my arm and stood up from the rubble, not bothering to dust myself down this time. I was about to leave when I thought about something... the garden!