Chapter 22 / The Waters Edge

"Everyone crowd around under the sky dome" ushered Professor Tusho as she put everyone and their dragons in a line.

I scanned the area observing everyone's dragons, my eyes caught to Serina's pitch black dragon with the tips of its scales a deep blood red, a light silver tint to them. Then I saw Halle's, a light yellow dragon (Almost gold) with brownish red tips. Then Jacobs, a green dragon with magenta tips on the scales, slightly tinted a charcoal black. Then finally Gemini, a hot pink dragon with a lighter pink tint to it. No colour on the tips of its scales. Then just as I was observing the other dragons and electric feeling burst through my heart, spreading throughout my entire body. I winced. Sebastian. His dark blue dragon with grey tips at the scales, a darker blue than his hair, and electric blue. No surprise at that. Was standing next to my dragon. Next to me! Sebastian turned his gaze to face me. Winking he looked back towards the teacher.

"Now, from left to right you will fly once around the castle then back here. Each of you will ascend by giving a simple command, AVALARIA, and to decent you say TORTU loud and clear." Said Professor Tusho

Murmurs spread all around us, anticipating everyone's excitement.

"Alina!" Yelled Serina from the end of the line on the right. "Do you want to k ow my dragons name?" She asked still screaming. I mentally face palmed. In embarrassment I nodded, "Moon Shard!" She Screamed at me whilst we both burst out laughing.

"Gem?" I Asked from two spaces down on the right. "Your dragons name?" I Asked

"Lemi." She replied wouldn't smiling. God there really is a dragon for everyone, I thought eyeing her pink dragon. It matched her perfectly.

Jacob then burst out screaming "My dragons called Grenum!"

"Halle what's yours?" I Asked car I fly

"Glow stone. Because she's yellow." Halle responded.

It seems as though each dragon represents each persons individual traits and colours. That's why everyone has a dragon, they are made for each other.

"Okay, on the count of three we all say our dragons gender!" I said challenging everyone

"One... two... three!" I Screamed

"Female!" I Screamed

"Male!" Screamed Jacob

"Female!" Screamed Serina

"Female!" Screamed Gem. Then finally,

"Female!" Screamed Halle

I looked over to Jacob to see him throwing his hands in the air,

"Only one Male!" He muttered completely not distress. Faking it, I hope.

"Excuse me. Alina your next!" Said Professor Tusho crossing her arms over her chest.

I stifled a laugh at her annoyed expression and just nodded. Noticing everyone else was gone in the line until you got up to me. Moving to stand deeper under the sky roof, misty following I breathed in deeply, making myself calm. Closing my eyes. I pulled the words on my lips

AVALARIA

Okay I'm ready. I opened my eyes. I pulled myself up onto Misty's back holding onto the saddle already on her back.

"AVALARIA!" I yelled Making Misty flap her 60 - 120ft wings (approximately) sending a gust of wind to my friends in the line, in the habitat her winds were folded (more like rested) by her side, making them fit in the habitat. I sighed nerves creeping in. Feeling a stare at the back of my neck, o didn't need to look around to know who it was.