Chapter 27 / Consequences

I pulled myself to my feet, after the incident class was ended early which meant I had 15 minutes before lunch and after lunch I have a free period. I can do whatever I want then. Hopefully I can see if I can go back to seeing my dragon. Misty. I wonder if there are any other mystic animals to be discovered. I wiped my face, my eyes all puffy. I should check up on misty after today, I slowly made my way out of powers training class. Being the last one to go. I wonder what happened to Laritha and... Serena.

I'll see her after lunch, which now is in 10 minutes. I'm the alpha even though I'm younger than her, but I beat her in the submission battle, otherwise known as Broidare. I should have protected her... But I couldn't. Shes my Beta, shes five minute's older than me. She protects me and I protect her. I have to know of shes okay. I quickly turned through the hallway to the dinner hall for lunch. I hesitated before walking in. Walking in the tables were already filled with delights, but I got less hungry as the guilt began to sink in. I sat next to Halle. Across form Jacob and Gem. I slouched in my chair, eyeing the food at my plays pushing it around.

"You need your strength." Halle said rubbbing my back comfortingly.

"I Can't. I'm too nervous about Serina. What id this happens again!?" I said completely in distress, dropping the fork putting my head in my hands.

"It won't, I'll make sure of it." Jacob said keep in his haze away from me. Guilt.

"Yeah and if they do I'll bite their head off. No one hurts my friends!" Said Gem clicking her fingers I let out a slightly distressed laugh as Principal Sequim brought us to attention.

"Today marks the 100th year of the Academy opening. So now is the 100th House games! Each house will compete in these games to test skill, agility, physical and mental strength to find the victorious house." he paused, eyeing me specifically, he continued "each ability is present. Each task has the maximum of 1 or 2 abilities involved, normally one. Only a select few are chosen from each house to compete, they will go against each other in each ability known. For example wolf against Wolf, in a pack, pair or solo against solo. The house prefects will choose each person or person's for each event and the people competing in these games. To complete the trials are tomorrow, tomorrow only all classes are cancelled. They will test you on the abilities they ask to see your skills in. Then, if you get in you will be notified. Training for the house games once you are in will be on every day after 4th period with the prefects. One last thing before you go to your final classes, Alina." I perched up as he paused. "please stay behind."

What would you want me for! I sighed burying my head in my crossed Arms. My friend's left silently as I heard footsteps coming towards me "Yes?" I asked as i lifted my head to see the principal. I instantly stood bowing my head.

"Its about the incident earlier." He said as I gulped.

"Yes?" I asked hesitantly.

"Laritha has been placed under confinement until she can control her blood lust. She won't be bothering you again." He said. That managed to comfort me a bit.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied "Serina will be just fine, Jacob got her there just in time. They removed the venom and inserted more blood" Those words lifted my spirits as the Principal lifted my chain to face him.

"Forcefields and barriers are now in place in each sector." He paused "Alina, is there seomthih bothering you?" He asked noticing the saddened look in my eyes. Yes.

"No." I replied simply. He just stood staring into my eyes before sighing and removing his hand. "If you need anything, come to my office." He said giving me an excusal pass to see him at any time befote nodding "Thank you sir." I said walking out.

The truth is... Something is bothering me. Sebastian. The feeling has gotten worse and i don't know how to control it, building my walls higher won't solve anything. It only makes it worse but... That's how i protect myself. I will have to find a solution... And soon. I have got a free period so i da think about it later. Right now lets focus on Serina, Misty and the tryouts... If only it was that simple. I sighed closing the doors behind me, making my way to the infirmary.

Sebastians point of view:
I took I not relaxing to settle my nerves. Looling for anything to explain what happened. Nothing. I guess ill just have to wait for the lessons to k ow what secrets lurk in my veins. The cuts in my back and lower pelvis have left small scars as my wild helaed my body. Luckily for me, im just fine. I hope Alina finda the letter soon... Its hee only hope. I paced around my room, I want her to trust me. I really do but... Everyone has their skeletons and some times when they come out they can ruin everything. I just hope my skeletons wont destroy everything me and Alina have... Only Alina will know the answer.

"Alina... Im so sorry." I repeated for possibly the last time.

Alina's point or view:
When I got there Serina was already ready to go. Sitting on the foot of her bed, when she saw me she engulfed me in a hug. All my emotions just came out.

"Sebastian... Im scared... I don't know how to feel... He'll leave me just like... Mum and Dad." I confessed to Serina through muffled cries. She held me at arms length.

"You don't know that. As much as im mad at him you should give him a chance. C'mon lets focus on last peiod. Free time." Said Serina liftimg my spirits.

"What will I do without you?" I asked smiling.

"Probaly miss me so much and create a shrine of me." Serina said mockingly as i caught sight if the two new hole shaped scars in her neck. Serina caught me looking and covered it with her hand. I let out a whimpering laugh.

"Its okay. I can hife it. I blacked out so Jakey and Sebastian told me what i missed." She said smiling at me.

I couldn't help but feel a surge of guilt at the scar... The scar that will be there as a reminder. Forever.

"Now." Serina said taking me out of my thoughts "tell me about the house games."