Chapter Four

Lexa's POV

Once we all got over our state of shock, we left English and made our way out of the class. In the corridor, there were students making their way to their next class.

"Lex we should get to math," Ken says. I nod and say goodbye to the rest of the group. Ken, Taylor and I start going to Math. We meet Bree on the way there.

"Everyone is talking about the new girl, apparently she had Kade flat on his ass this morning," Bree says breaking the silence we held.

"Kade bullies Cassidy, right? Well, it seemed that the new girl and Cassidy were pretty close," Taylor comments. Ken and I nod in agreement. Bree looks at us surprised.

"You've met her,".

We continue our walk and on the way explain what happened during first period to Bree. Bree says she must have some balls to say that to us.

We entered AP Math. Mr Frank or Mr F looks at us and immediately looks away from us. I roll my eyes. I look around and see that the new girl and Cassidy are sitting at the back of the class and there are four empty seats.

We look at each other and nod. We make our way towards them. Cassidy is talking to her and she is sitting there just listening to her. Their relationship is very cute. From what I've seen they are definitely close.

We pull our seats out and sit down. Cassidy keeps talking, bouncing slightly in her seat. She smiles wide at the girl and the girl just smiles back.

Cassidy finally looks at us and her eyes go wide and she looks away. The new girl looks at her and frowns, then looks at us and rolls her eyes at us, then looks her phone. I look at Bree and see her jaw has dropped. I look back at the girl when I hear her phone ding.

Cassidy rests her head on her shoulder. Looking at her phone. Cassidy frowns while the girl keeps a blank expression. Cassidy sighs.

"Do you have to go?" She asks slightly pleading.

"Unfortunately yes," the girl replies looking at her. We stay in silence for a little while until Cassidy speaks up.

"By the way, I'm surprised you didn't hit Kade this morning," Cassidy says and the girl shrugs.

"You're too innocent to witness that," the girl says with a smirk looking at her friend and patting her head.

'That smirk is hot' I thought.

"I hate you," Cassidy says looking at her. She smiles and replies

"The feeling is mutual,". Cassidy looks at her and rolls her eyes.

"Bite me,". The girl smirks

"Rizado," (Kinky). I have no idea what she just said but whatever it was has made Cassidy blush a deep red. She whines and pushes her face into the girl's shoulder.

Kodaaaaaa," The girl laughs.

'Koda, the name fits her well'

I look at the others and see Kenna has an annoyed expression on. I think she's jealous. It's kind of funny, seeing her like that because she is too scared to talk to Cassidy she gets all flustered whenever we tell her to talk to her.

"Ok class today we are going to be doing a quiz to see what you all know so far," Mr F says. He gets groans from the class including my friends and myself. In fact, the only people who didn't groan were Koda and Cassidy.

Mr F hands out the quizzes and we soon begin. I look to my right to see Koda with her head on the desk. She hasn't started, she hasn't even put her name on the paper.

'She's going to fail this test'

"10 minutes everyone," Mr F announces to the class. Finally, Koda looks up and grabs her pen and starts writing. 5 minutes later and she puts her pen down and rests her head back on the desk. I shake my head at her and finish off the last question. Putting my pen down, I look around there are a couple of students done. Bree and Taylor are still scribbling down answers but Kenna is done and watching them amused. I turn to see Cassidy resting her head on Koda's back with her eyes closed.

"Ok times up, I'll collect them in and mark them so you can get them before the end of the period. For now, you can talk, go on your phones or sleep like the two at the back of the room," Mr F says. Everyone turns around to look at our table and I look at Koda who gives him the thumbs up. Everyone laughs.

After all the quizzes are collected, I start talking with the girls about classes. After about 20 minutes we are handed out the quizzes again. The girls show what they got.

Bree - 76%
Taylor - 75%
Kenna - 83%
Me - 89%

I look around and some people seem perfectly happy with there results, others not so much. I look at Cassidy that is smiling like an idiot. "What did you get then Cassidy?" Kenna asks. I look at her surprised at the fact she asked. Cassidy looks at us and then her quiz and turns in around.

'97%' Was in big red writing with a circle around it. Our jaws drop at that.

'Damn she really is a nerd'

Cassidy smiles and looks at Koda, she frowns and nudges Koda. She hums but doesn't move. "What did you get?" Cassidy asks. Koda rises her head and opens her eyes slightly. She turns the paper to Cassidy and she snatched it out of her hands. Koda rests her head back on the table again. I watch as Cassidy looks at the paper and then Koda with a frown.

"I really fucking hate you sometimes," Cassidy mumbles. Koda chuckles and mumbles back because she still has her head on the desk.

"Love you too, love".

'OMG her accent when she called her love'

We all look at Cassidy and she grabs Koda's quiz and shows us it. Our jaws drop and what we are seeing.

'100%' 'WTF'

The bell goes and everyone packs up. But yet again, my friends and I are sitting there stunned.

'She's very interesting' I thought.

Cassidy's POV

Today has been good so far. After this morning nobody has bothered me but I guess it's because I've been stuck to Koda's side all day.

The bell just went for lunch and I'm currently heading to my locker on my own. The teacher wanted to talk to Koda for some reason and she said she would catch up with me.

After I left my locker I made my way to the cafeteria. "Hey nerd" I freeze and turn to see Kade and Alec. "Since you don't have your friend we can talk to you. You going to get food,  you don't need nerd you're already fat enough," Kade sneered and pushed past me.

I look at the floor. Their right I don't need to eat so I head to the table in the corner of the room and sit down. Everyone is talking to one another and the teachers are all sitting and the reserved tables talking.

Soon the cafeteria doors open and Koda glides in flawlessly. Everyone stops talking and whatever they were doing and turn to look at her. She has a blank face and her eyes search the room and then land on me. She walks over to me and everyone's eyes follow her. She stands next to the table and puts her bag down and pulls out 10 dollars from her bag. She looks at me and then the table.

"I left my money at home," I say and give her a small smile. Her eyes search my face and she shrugs and walks to the line to get some food. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. My eyes catch Kade's as he smirks and I look down at the table.

Slowly the conversation starts to pick up. I hear something being placed on the table and I look up to see Koda with a tray. I look at it and see there are pizza and chicken nuggets, along with two tubs of fruit and two water bottles. She sits down and takes the pizza, a tub of fruit and water off the tray and slides the rest towards me. " Koda I'm not hung..." I start off but Koda looks at me and raises her eyebrow at me.

"Eat," she demands while pointing to the food. I sigh and start eating. Koda smiles and starts eating. I shake my head and continue eating.

'God I love her'

Word Count - 1461