Chapter Seventeen

Lexa's POV

After about 20 minutes Koda stirred. She blinked as her eyes opened and looked at up at me. I smiled and ran my hand through her hair. She turned and noticed my parents sitting there staring at her as well as everyone else standing around the room except Beau and Grayson. Cassidy was sitting on the bed next to me and she grabbed Koda's hand and held it. She sighed before resting her head on my shoulder.

Cassidy squeezed her hand. "Please just let me talk and don't interrupt," she said as she looked at everyone then up at me. Everyone nodded and she took a deep breath.

"Koda Slade isn't my real name. Well, Koda is but Slade isn't. I changed it when I left my 'family'. They aren't the best role models, they work in this sort of business. I have 3 older brothers and 2 older sisters. They were trained in my family's 'business'. I wasn't because when I was born I was small and weak due to not getting enough nutrients or something like that. But because I was small and weak my 'parents' hated me. So instead of treating me like a person, I became their slave. I would have to cook and clean the house. If anything wasn't within their standards I would be punished. If I broke anything or talked back I would be punished. My 'siblings' found it funny and would call me names and constantly hurt me. They would even break stuff and blame it on me. I wasn't allowed to go to school so I learn to read through the books that were in the library in the house. I was born in Italy and my 'parents' moved us to Scotland when I was 8 due to their job. Nothing changed for me but I was made to do some gardening as well as clean the house. That's when I met Cas she was our next door neighbour and we would talk when I was doing the gardening. We became close until Cas moved here. We were 10. I learned how to fight because I would watch my 'parents' train my siblings, so I picked up on it. When I was 11, one of my 'brothers' broke a vase that was a gift to my 'Mum' from her mother. It meant a lot to her. They beat me pretty bad but I don't remember anything. Just the pain. But I woke up and decided to leave. I knew where all the cameras were in the house and outside. I knew the blind spots. So for the next couple of weeks, I healed and avoided my 'family'. And then left. I met someone who looked after me and became my guardian. He trained me and taught me basically all my fighting skills. He let me go to school. I taught myself about computers and stuff and how to hack stuff. Once I had learned enough I changed my last name to my friend's last name, Slade. He was killed by someone who helped run the fights. That's how I got involved. I was 13 and had lost one of the only people who cared for me. So I entered the fights to find the person and did eventually. Once they were dead, I tried to leave the fights but I was a 13-year-old who had raised through the ranks quickly and had a lot of skill. They wouldn't let me leave. When I was 15 I move to the US and continued fighting here until I moved here. And well you know the rest,". She finished as she stared blankly at the wall.

I looked around dazed. Everyone's eyes were wide and some had tears. My Mom was quietly sobbing as my Dad held her. He looked beyond pissed but was trying to not show it.

"What is your last name?" My Dad asked as he stared at her.

She looked up at him before resting her head back on my shoulder. "Danto," was all she said.

"WHAT?!?" We all screamed apart from Cassidy.

The Danto's were contract killers. They were beyond dangerous. Everyone knew their identities but nobody would do anything because they were too scared. It was a known fact that if you fucked with one of them, you would have to deal with all of them.

Koda shrugged as we all looked at her.

"Koda you can't fight tonight," Dad said looking at her. Her head snapped to him and she shook her head.

"I have too," she said.

I tightened my arms and pulled her closer.

"You're not going to say no are you?" Cassidy asked as she looked at Koda worriedly. Koda shook her head. We all sigh. Soon they all decided to leave and give us some space.

Koda stood up and walked into the closet. A couple of minutes late she came out with the same sweats on but a new top. She dropped her duffel bag next to the door before pulling a hoodie over her head. She came back to bed and lay down next to me. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer.

She rested her head on my chest and soon I felt her every breath hitting my neck. I grabbed my phone and set an alarm. Before falling asleep as well.

Koda's POV

I woke up to an alarm going off. Looking around groggily, I noticed that it was Lexa's phone. I reached over her and turned it off. I laid back down and stretched when I felt Lexa's arm that was around my waist tighten.

She sat up slightly and looked at me. She smiled and leaned over and pressed her lips to mine.

The kiss was slow. She pulled away and buried her head in my neck.

"I don't want you fighting tonight," she said as she held me in a tight grip.

"I have to," I said.

She looked at me and kissed me again before standing up, I stood up as well and followed her to the door. She grabbed my duffel bag and we walked down the stairs. We were met with everyone ready to go.

I looked at Cas and she looked at me determined. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her. I knew she was going to be stubborn and fight me but I wasn't in the mood.

We headed out to the cars. Cameron, Elizabeth, Kenna, Cassidy, Lexa and I were in one. We headed to the warehouse.

When we arrived there was a lot of people. Like triple the amount, I had ever seen. I looked at everyone else and they all looked just as shocked.

We stepped out and I stood there staring at the building.

"You ready?" Cassidy asked. I shrugged.

"Guess we'll find out!" I said.

————————————————————————
Word Count - 1178

hey, another upload.

Hope you enjoyed

There will be another one on Saturday I just managed to get an extra one done.

Comment what you thought.
Thanks
xoxo