Chapter Ten

Koda's POV

Blaine was back in classes before the end of the day. I know this because he was glaring at me since I walked into the gym.

We were climbing ropes and someone would pick an opponent and they'd race to the top. Where there was a bell you had to ring.

Cas was picked to go up against a cheerleader and to everyone's amazement, Cas won. She soon joined me as we continued to watch the races. When it was Blaine's turn he looked at me and smirked.

"I pick her," He said cockily while pointing at me. I shrugged and stood up and made my way to the rope. On my way, I rolled up my sleeves revealing some of my tattoos on my arms.

"You might be good at fighting but I will crush you in this," Blaine says loud enough for me to hear but nobody else.

"Guess we'll find out," I say grabbing the rope and getting ready. The coach blows the whistle and Blaine starts to pull himself up and I'm not far behind.

About halfway up Blaine has to reposition his hands and I take the lead and soon I ring the bell, signifying that I won. Blaine glares at me from below and slowly lowers himself but just let go of the rope and land. Everyone looks at me shocked.

The bell goes and everyone makes their way to the changing rooms. Once Cas and I are done we make our way out of the school. We're going home separately and Cas is going to give me a ride to the mall.

"See you in a bit Cas," I say as I get on my bike and Cas gets in her car. She nods and we drive off.

Getting to my apartment, I get changed into some skinny black jeans, a white crop top and my leather jacket. Grabbing my wallet and keys I hear a beeping and look outside to see that Cas is waiting for me. Leaving my apartment and locking the door, I make my way down to her car. Taking a look at what she is wearing, it's a light blue dress with some sandals. She smiles and we make our way towards the mall.

Once we get there and find a place to park we get out and head to the entrance. We enter the mall and head to the apple store.

Once I have a new phone we make our way to the small ice cream shop. I pay for the ice cream and eat my own before setting up my new phone. Once it's set up with everything and has a phone case and screen protector on. I text the important people my new number and download some of my social media apps.

Suddenly I feel tiny arms wrap around my leg. Looking down I see a small girl with black hair, grey eyes and tanned skin. "Can you hwlp me find my sister? Pwease," She asks as tears roll down her chubby cheeks. Looking at Cas with wide eyes I see she is already looking at me shocked.

I pick her up and sit her on my lap. "Sure, what's your name little one?" I ask as I wipe her tears away.

"Beau. What's your name?" She asks looking at me with wide curious eyes.

"I'm Koda and that's Cassidy," I say as I gesture to Cas who smiles and waves.

"So who's your sister?" I ask looking at her.

"Lexa," She says playing with my hair.

"Lexa Knight," she nods into my chest.

"Little one why did you come to me?" I asked gently pulling her away from my chest. She looks at me with wide eyes that are only full of innocence.

"I saw a picture of you in my Daddy's office,". Cas looks at me wide-eyed.

"Can you twke me home?" She asks rubbing her eye with a closed fist.

Sigh

"Yeah come on we'll take you home," I say standing up and grabbing my phone before gesturing for Cas to follow me. We walk out and make our way to the car.

Texting a friend I find out where The Knights mansion is.

Telling Cas the address she starts to head there. "Are we really doing this?" Cas asks briefly looking at me.

"Yes, clearly the Knights can't stay out of my business," I say while I look down at Beau who has fallen asleep.

We stop at a gate as a guard who is built and has a gun, walks to the car window. Cas rolls down the window.

"Why are you here?" He asks slightly pointing his gun at us.

"I highly suggest you put that down unless you want to harm the Knights child," I growl back as he looks at me then Beau who is asleep in my arms. His eyes widen as he quickly grabs his walkie-talkie and tells someone that I have Beau.

Eventually, the gates open and Cas drives in. We soon see a large mansion come into view. "Wow that's a big house," Cas says in awe. Pulling up we see about six buff guys with guns and four buff women, they also have guns. When they see us they raise their guns and point them at Cas's car.

I step out with Beau still asleep in my arms. Cas gets out and comes to stand behind me. Soon the doors open and outcomes and older women and man. The Knights, I remember them from the fights. Along with them, there is Lexa and her group.

They stand a few feet away from us. Beau shifts slightly as she slowly raises her head off my chest. She looks around groggily and when her eyes land on Lexa she smiles brightly.

"Lexa," she yells in my ear.

"Ow," I mutter.

"Why have you got my daughter?" Mr Knight asks as he looks at me furiously.

"She found me and Cassidy in the mall alone and was asking if we could help her find her sister. I asked her who her sister was. She said Lexa, I then asked if it was Lexa Knight. In which she confirmed it. And you want to know how she knew me?" I asked tilting my head to the side. I cut them off before they could reply.

"She saw my picture in your office," I say pointing at Mr Knight. Beau giggled in my arms as she played with my hair.

"Well we tried to talk to you and you refused. So we had to do some research on you," Mr Knight says looking at me.

"Yeah, and how did that go for you?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know how to cover your tracks," he says staring at me. I nod.

'This afternoon went from 0 to 100 quickly' I thought bitterly.

————————————————————————
Word Count - 1165
hope you enjoyed.
Comment what you thought.
Thanks xoxo
Double upload.