Chapter Twenty-Three

~four mouths later~

Koda's POV

Since the attack at one of the bases, there has been many more. They had made it clear that they were after me.

Apparently, I pissed off the wrong person and now they want my head. The ones captured at the first attack didn't know who was behind it because they were just needed to kidnap me. They were hired three days before the attack and were given all the information needed on the warehouse and how to get in without any hassle.

'But that didn't work' I thought.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Cas as she taps my shoulder. We were currently in Math. When I looked around I noticed that everyone had left except the teacher, Cas, Kenna, Taylor, Bree and Lexa. I packed my stuff before standing up and following them out.

They kept looking at me with questions in their eyes but I never said anything.

Eventually, it was lunch, Cas, Lexa and I made our way to the cafeteria. Cas and Lexa walked to the line but I turned and headed straight to the table where the rest were sitting. I wasn't hungry so I didn't see the point in getting any food.

Who could I have pissed off enough so they came after me? The list is long. With the fights and my past, it could be anyone. But why would they do to me if they caught me? Would they torture me? Kill me? With that thought, I shuddered.

I'm pulled from my thoughts again when two trays are placed on the table. I felt eyes on me so looking up I was met with Cas's worried eyes and Lexa was staring probably trying to work out what I was thinking.

"Why didn't you get food?" Lexa asked as she stared at me. I shrugged and just replied with

"I'm not hungry,".

She looked at me with a look that said we would have a talk later.

Third Person's POV

Soon the conversation started. It changed from subject to subject, everyone was getting involved apart from Koda. She would only add a word or two every so often. Everyone was slightly concerned for Koda, she was often quiet but this was different. She was way more quiet than usual. They kept looking at her but she was just staring at the table.

Then when it came to lunch ending, Koda stood up from her seat with everyone else. They began making their way to the changing rooms. They split up and got changed.

When they entered the gym hall they regrouped and continued talking.

The coaches announced that they were going to be playing basketball. They asked Koda and Kade to help get balls from one of the cupboards where the equipment is kept which was on the other side of the gym.

On the way to the cupboard, when they were a couple of steps away from the door, Kade had been walking behind Koda when he suddenly grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. He began yelling at her. Nobody could really hear what he was saying and Koda's face was giving nothing away about what he was saying.

Suddenly Kade throws a punch at Koda's face. Hitting her on the lower lip and busting her lip. Everyone watched in shock as Koda raised her hand and placed it against her lip. When she looked at her fingers to reveal blood. The coaches quickly started to make their way towards them.