Chapter Eight

Cassidy's POV

I woke up when my alarm went off. I went to sit up to feel a weight on my stomach. Looking down I noticed an arm. Turning I seen Koda still sleeping with her mouth slightly open. Smiling I slowly slip from underneath her. Making sure she was still asleep, I walked to my bathroom and started getting ready for the day.

Once I was ready I tried to wake up Koda but she kept telling me to let her sleep.

"Koda it's time to get up for school," I beg as I push her shoulder.

"Ugh fine," she whines. I shake my head and make my way downstairs to the kitchen to start breakfast.

About 20 minutes later Koda walks down, she puts her bag at the front door next to mine and walks into the kitchen. She puts her leather jacket on the back of the seat and lifts her collar so she could put her tie on.

We sit down and eat and she explains what happened last night.

"So you saw the Knights and Lexa's friends?" She just nods.

"How did they react?" I ask.

"They were shocked and looked like they had seen a ghost," she says standing up and cleaning her dishes as well as mine.

"Or the new girl that continuously ignored them," I said.

"Or that," She said with a shrug.

"Well, today should be fun then. Shouldn't it?" I ask as we walk to the door and grab our bags. She hums.

We make our way to my car because we're just going to school together today. On our way, I sing along to the radio. While Koda just watched with a small smile on her face.

We soon arrived at school and we both got out. Close by I could see Lexa and the rest staring at Koda and I. They started to walk towards us and Koda noticed and stood in front of me.

"Can we talk to you?" Lexa asked Koda without any emotions.

"No." Koda replied the exact same way. She then grabs my wrist and drags me to the school. I look back briefly and see them staring at us, some with curiosity in their eyes, some with disbelief and others with anger. Taking a deep breath I turn back around.

"You're really trying to get yourself killed aren't you?" I asked Koda with an eyebrow raised and all I got in return was a shrug. Sighing I continue through the corridors with Koda.

Lexa's POV

We watched as they walked away. Looking at the others I could see the different emotions in their eyes. Sighing I began to walk towards the school doors.

After stopping at our lockers. Kenna, Tyler, Taylor, Nate and I head to our English class. When we entered, I noticed that Cassidy and Koda were sitting on their seats. Cassidy was talking and Koda was just watching her with a small smile. We sat down in our usual seats. I continue to stare at Koda as the lesson begins and soon ends.

As everyone packs up I stand and wait for everyone to leave. Eventually, it was just my friends and me, Koda and Cassidy and Mrs Love. I walk towards there desk and Cassidy looks up briefly before she finishes packing everything away. I hear my group walking towards us and stand next to me.

"We. Really. Need. To. Talk." I said to Koda but all she did was look up at us as she stood. Cassidy soon followed and they made their way to the door. Cassidy walked through it but Koda stopped just before leaving.

"We. Really. Don't." She replied as she looked at me in the eyes and then walked out.

Third Person's POV

As Lexa and her friends stood there utterly confused. Koda and Cassidy made their way to Math. Walking in they sat down in their seats.

Beep Beep

Koda pulled out her phone and read the text and was soon typing back a reply.

"Do you have a fight again tonight?" Cassidy asked with a worried face. Koda shook her head and wrapped an arm around her, rubbing her arm for reassurance.

Cassidy hated what Koda did and tried many times to get her to leave but it wasn't as easy as it seemed. There were many things that complicated things. Too many people wanted SEV to stay and see how far they could get within the ranks of the fights. This stopped Koda from leaving and Cassidy was scared to see what could happen. The fights were run by very dangerous people.

"When are you fighting again?" Cassidy asked with her face buried in Koda's shoulder.

"I don't know. The-" as she was replying she soon cut herself off. Confused Cassidy raised her head to see Lexa, Kenna, Taylor and Bree. Taking seats and looking at the pair. She looked at Koda to see her roll her eyes. Lowering her head back to Koda's shoulder, she tried to ignore the tension that was raising.

"Querían que luchara esta noche, pero mi fuente se negó porque necesitaba descansar" (They wanted me to fight tonight but my source refused because I needed rest.) Koda replied.

"Supongo que no estaban contentos con eso?" (Guess they weren't happy with that?) Cassidy replied looking up at her. Koda looked at her and shook her head.

Sighing Cassidy rested her head on Koda's shoulder and soon she felt Koda rest her head on hers. The girls were looking at them confused and curiously. The lesson just continued and the day rolled by without any problem. Lexa and her friends tried a couple more times to talk to them but Koda would just blank them.

Getting in Cassidy's car they made their way to Koda's apartment so she could get more clothes, they were eventually on their way to Cassidy's house. When they arrived they saw cars in the drive. Cassidy's parents were home. Entering the house Cassidy went and greeted her parents as Koda followed. Cassidy's parents greeted her and all she did was nod. They made their way upstairs to Cassidy's room and changed out of their school clothes and started to watch a movie.

Koda wasn't excited for her fight tomorrow or the amount Lexa and her group were going to continue to try to talk to her. Letting out a sigh she pulled Cassidy closer and continued to watch the movie.

————————————————————————
Word Count - 1132
Merry Christmas Everyone🎉🎁🎄
Hope you all have an amazing day. But if you don't celebrate it then just have a great day in general.
Also, I don't speak the language so I'm using google translate so if anything is wrong I'm sorry.
Please leave a comment of what you think.
Thanks xoxo