Chapter Twelve

Cassidy's POV

Everyone was silent.

Until Koda spoke, "So why can't you mind your own business?" She asked looking at Mr Knight.

"You came out of nowhere and started to move up the ranking quickly," he replied looking at her.

"I had to pay bills like everyone else but no-one is willing to hire a 13-year-old," she said with a shrug. Everyone looked at her shocked.

"Where are your parents?" Mrs Knight asked genuinely sounding concerned.

"Billionaires, lying in a ditch, druggies, 6ft under I don't know and quite frankly I don't care," she said. Everyone went silent again.

"Oh, and by the way, the member called Troy Ostan is working for Green Vipers. Which if I'm not mistaken is your biggest enemy,". Koda said looking at her phone again.

"It's all in the file if you don't believe me," she says when Blaine was about to say something.

"How do you know?" Kenna asks looking at her confused.

"Well after I talked back to you guys on my first day and Cassidy told me who you were I did research on you all so I knew what I was up against. I just happened to come across it then," Koda says looking at her.

Suddenly there was a loud bang. Everyone jumped and I looked out the window to see that there was a bad storm.

Shit. How are we going to get home?

"You can't go home in this. It's not safe," Mrs Knight said looking at Koda and I. Everyone nodded. Koda sighed and started swearing in Italian clearly not liking where this was going. While everyone else looked amused.

Suddenly lightning struck nearby making everyone jump again.

"We have guest rooms you can stay in and we could probably find you clothes as well," Mrs Knight says standing and leaving the room.

I pull out my phone and text my parents saying I'm fine and that I'm staying with a friend. They just replied with an ok and stay safe.

Soon we were being guided to the dining room to have some dinner. When we entered I noticed a young boy and Beau.

"Bubba," Beau yelled at the top of her lungs as she waddled her way over to Koda. Everyone watched in shock as she wrapped her chubby arms around Koda's leg as she looked up at her and Koda looked down. Koda bent down and picked her up before walking to a seat and sitting down. I sat down next to them.

Koda looked at everyone who still looked shocked.

"What?" She asked with her eyebrows frowned. Mr Knight looks at Koda then Beau who is playing with Koda's hair.

"She's just warmed up to you quickly," he says shrugging. Koda looks at Beau who smiles at her then back to Mr Knight.

"She seems like someone who would love everyone," Koda says. Bree shakes her head before saying

"No she usually doesn't take to people as easily,".

"Oh," Koda says with a shrug.

Soon, someone, I guess a maid, brings out some lasagna and garlic bread. They try to move Beau but she just started to scream again until Koda said it was fine for her to stay on her lap, she made sure Beau eat. She's so cute with kids.

Once we were done with eating Beau grabbed Koda's hand and dragged her to another room. Everyone just watched before following after them. When we entered I realised this was probably the living room. Looking at Koda I couldn't help but laugh as she was holding what looked like about 15 stuffed animals. Beau was grabbing more and telling Koda their names before giving Koda them and grabbing another one and repeating the process.

Within about 10 minutes Koda had a pile of stuffed animals in her arms. Slowly Beau started putting them back before she pulled out a colouring book and started to colour in. She had given Koda a blank piece of paper before asking her to draw something. Well, it was more like Beau told her to draw something.

"What should I draw?" Koda asked looking at Beau. Beau stopped and looked at Koda before saying "A lion,". Koda nodded before starting to draw. I started to talk to everyone. Mr and Mrs Knight told me to just calm them Cameron and Elizabeth. Then we decided to watch a movie and Kai immediately put Moana on. The others just shook their heads at him.

After about 10 minutes Beau finished drawing but Koda wasn't done. So Beau joined us in watching the movie. About another 5 minutes later Koda was done. Beau jumped up and waddled over to her. Beau gasped and took the paper and looked at it closely. She looked at Koda wide-eyed which made her chuckle before Beau came over to us and showed us the drawing.

 She looked at Koda wide-eyed which made her chuckle before Beau came over to us and showed us the drawing

I heard them gasp as they looked at it closely much like how Beau did before. Beau took it over and put it with her book and then grabbed Koda's hand and pulled her up and to love seat. She made her sit down then Beau climbed onto her lap and got comfortable while Koda shook her head.

Soon we were all watching the movie until a loud round of thunder and lightning struck that caused Beau to scream and bury her head into Koda's chest. Koda wrapped an arm around her body and ran her finger through her hair. Beau was quietly whimpering. I looked at the other as Cameron seemed to be studying her. Beau raised her hand and just held Koda's hair while the other gripped her top tightly.

Soon Beau went limp in Koda's arms signalling she had fallen asleep. Everyone stared at her in shock.

Elizabeth stood up to take Beau but she stirred slightly. Koda just asked to be shown where her room was and her, Elizabeth and Grayson left. Everyone turned to me before Lexa spoke.

"It's she always like this," she asked looking at me curiously.

"She can be hostile, clearly but she is always like that with kids. She just works with them, I think it's because she's really a kid at heart," I say.

"Her parents?" Cameron asks. I shrug. "I'm not going to say anything because it's not my thing to tell,". He nods as Koda and Elizabeth enter the room.

"Come on we'll find you two some clothes for tonight," Elizabeth says as I stand up to follow her.

————————————————————————
Word Count - 1140
I just want to thank everyone who has read this book never thought it would reach 100 reads and we're almost at 500 so I just want to say a big thank you.
Please comment what you think.
Also, I have another book called Why? and it's a werewolf story.
xoxo