Chapter Sixteen

Third Preston's POV

Everyone eventually fell asleep.

Cameron had gotten a call from someone in that runs the fights. He was told that Koda was fighting the next night but he didn't know who she was fighting. Cameron wondered why Koda had never mentioned anything. He was going to ask her tomorrow.

He went to check on everyone when he found them asleep. He also found Grayson and Beau sleeping with everyone. Grayson was asleep next to Lexa and Beau was lying on top of Koda. She had her head on her chest as Koda rested her head on Lexa's chest.

He smiled before pulling out his phone and taking a photo. He then grabbed a couple of blankets from the cupboard and put them on everyone.

~In the morning~

One by one everyone started to make their way down the stairs. It was Saturday so everyone had a bit of a sleep in. Last was Koda who was carrying Beau.

Koda was wearing black sweatpants and a white top and Beau was in the same thing. Koda walked over to the seat next to Lexa and sat down with Beau in her lap.

"Me an' Bubba are mawching," Beau said as she stuffed a piece of pancake in her mouth.

"I see that princess," Cameron said as he looked at her smiling.

They all began eating again. Koda would eat a couple of bits before making sure Beau was alright.

Koda and Beau, we're finished first much to everyone's surprise.

Cameron took a sip of his orange juice before clearing his throat. Once everyone looked at him he began to talk.

"So we will be going out tonight. Koda will be joining us," he said as he stared at Koda for her reaction. Koda looked at him and she knew what he meant by that. Everyone looked at Koda shocked because they didn't know she was fighting.

Koda glares at Cameron as her eyes flicker to red. Her jaw clenched as she was struggling to not start shouting. She looked away and took a deep breath before standing up and leaving the room with Beau.

Everyone watched shocked as she left then turned to Cameron. "What do you mean Koda is joining us?" Lexa asked.

"Grayson can you please leave," Cameron asked as Grayson nodded and left the room.

"I mean, I got a call and Koda is supposed to be fighting tonight," Cameron replied. Then Lexa stood up and walked out of the room following where Koda had gone. Everyone else stood up as well and followed. They saw Mary carrying Beau as they exited the living room. Mary glanced at them all before making her way through the house.

They walked in the living room to find Koda staring out the window on her phone. She seemed to be listening to someone before she spoke.

"Cosa vuoi dire che stanno andando a farsi fottere?" (What do you mean they're going to fucking be there?). She snapped, her voice was harsh. They heard someone else talking before Koda started to visibly shake. This caused Cassidy's eyes to widen. She knew this only happened when Koda was beyond pissed.

"Chi cazzo ha detto loro? Voglio scoparmelo stanotto o avrò la tua fottuta testa," she shouted. (Who the fuck told them? I want to fucking know by tonight or I'll have your fucking head.)

She hung up before putting her phone in her pocket. "It's rude to listen in on others conversations," she said as she turned around to look at everyone.

Koda was still slightly shaking from anger and Cassidy walked forward and wrapped her arms around her.

"When were you going to tell us you were fighting tonight?" Cassidy asked as she buried her head in Koda's chest. Koda shrugged.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Kenna asked glaring slightly in jealousy. Everyone watched as Koda tensed up and this caused Cassidy to raise her head at her in concern.

"My source in the fights," Koda replied with no emotions. Lexa stared at her girlfriend trying to find any emotions but couldn't.

"What were you talking about?" Blaine asked.

"None of your business!" Koda snapped.

Everyone flinched slightly. They could all feel her anger, Cassidy tightened her grip around Koda and buried her head in her chest.

"Who are you fighting tonight?" Elizabeth asked while looking at Koda cautiously.

"Vlad," Koda replied staring at a wall.

"WHAT?!?" Everyone shouted. Lexa looked shocked and scared. Vlad was a powerful figure in this work. He was the son of the Russian mafia's leader, he was the future leader. He was known for being ruthless and nobody had won against him in a fight.

"No. You. Are. Not. Fighting. Him." Lexa said as she clenched her fists. Koda didn't reply and just stared at the wall in front of her.

Koda gently pushed Cassidy off before making her way out of the room and up the stairs. Everyone just watched.

Lexa's POV

Koda is not fighting him. I will not let her.

It had been a couple of hours since she had left the room and headed upstairs. I had enough of waiting because Cassidy said it would be best to just leave her. She had said she had only seen Koda like this a couple of times. I could tell she was worried but she didn't want to push Koda. But I couldn't sit here and do nothing. So I stood up and walked towards the stairs.

I walked to her room and knocked but didn't get a reply. So I slowly opened the door. I looked around and didn't see her. So I enter and noticed the bathroom door was open slightly.

I walked over and looked through the gap to see a towel sitting on the counter that seemed to have some makeup on it.

I frowned my eyebrows because I knew Koda never wore makeup. I opened the more and gasped at the sight. Koda had her hands on the counter with her head between her arms. She didn't have a top on and only had her bra on.

But that's not what made me gasp. Koda had scars all over her back. I knew what they were from, being in this gang. They were from whips and belts.

Koda raised her head and looked me in the eyes through the reflection. Her eyes were red and puffy and had tear tracks down her face. Her eyes filled with more tears as they slowly fell down her face.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her as she turned and buried her face in my neck. I felt my top start to get wet but I didn't care.

I picked her up and carried her to the bed before sitting down and pushing myself so my back was against the headboard. Koda was sitting with her head in my neck and she was sitting sideways on my lap.

After a couple of minutes, she had calmed down. She looked up at me. "I'm sorry," she said I shook my head and kissed her forehead.

"Who?" I asked. She looked at me while more tears filled her eyes. She looked down at her hands. I lifted my hands and placed my hand under her chin and raised her head.

She sighed. "My supposed family," she mumbled. I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath.

"My source from the fights told me that they found out I was there. They know I'm supposed to fight tonight, they're going to be there," she said as she buried her face in my chest and wrapped her hands tightly in my top.

I ran my hand up and down her back. I felt her breathing even out as she fell asleep.

I looked up when I heard a gasp. I was met with my Dad and Mom standing in the doorway. My Mom walked over and gently placed her hand on her back and traced her scars. I saw her eyes fill with tears.

"Who?" My Dad asked and when I looked at him he looked pissed. His jaw was clenched and his hands were in tight fists.

"Her family," I spat. I will fucking kill them for hurting my girl.

————————————————————————Word Count - 1418

Also thank you all so much for over 700 reads never thought the story would get more than 100. So thank you all so much.

Comment what you thought.
Thanks
xoxo