Chapter Twenty-Two

Slight bit of mature content.
——————————————————————

Lexa's POV

I watched as my girlfriend ran a hand down her face. I looked her over for injuries when we first arrived back to the office. She has a cut on her cheek that Cassidy is dabbing with a blanket and a bruise forming on her face. Other than that I don't see any other injuries which is a relief.

Cassidy looked at Dad before asking "Why were they after Koda?". Dad looked at her then Koda before replying

"I don't know. The leader never told me the reason. So we will wait until they wake up before finding out,".

Everyone nodded and looked to Koda who was just staring blankly at the wall. Cassidy looked at her before grabbing her arm and pulling her out of the room. I could hear her voice talking then Koda but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I turned to the others and they seemed to not know either.

Soon they both came back and we decided to leave. As we were leaving Blaine tried to joke with Koda but she turned and glared at him. He was taken back and we were all just as surprised. We stared at her until Cassidy pulled on her arm and away from us.

Getting in the car I was met with Cassidy sitting next to Koda holding her arm while Koda stared out the window. Her fists were clenched and her eyes held no emotion.

I tried to work out what was wrong but I couldn't think of any. I was pulled from my thought when we came to a stop.

Koda got out of the car and began making her way towards the door. Kenna stood in front of her. Koda stood to the side to leave and Kenna followed. Koda stopped and took a deep breath, her fists were clenched at her side. Kenna all of a sudden lost all the colour in her face before moving out of the way was her head down. Koda walked past and into the house leaving us all confused apart from Cassidy.

I walked forward about to follow her but was stopped by Cassidy speaking.

"Don't bother,".

Cassidy's POV

Everyone's gazes turned to me. I walked towards Kenna before resting my hand on her arm to try and comfort her.

"What is wrong with her?" I heard Elizabeth ask. "You lost her trust," I replied. They all looked at me wide-eyed.

"WHAT?!?" They all screamed. I sighed before telling them how Koda felt about being locked in the office. How she believed they didn't trust her enough to help. I looked them all over and noticed that Lexa looked guilty.

"I didn't mean to make her think that I didn't trust her. I just wanted to protect her," She said as she looked at me with saddened eyes.

"I know but there are few people who actually care about Koda. So when you tell her something like that it's hard for her to believe. People who she was supposed to be able to trust treated her like shit. So it's hard for her," I said as they all nodded. Lexa looked at me than the house before walking up to the door and entering.

The others follow soon after but Kenna wraps her arms around me.

"You ok?" She asked. I nodded and she leaned down and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss.

Lexa's POV

After leaving the rest outside, I walked in and up the stairs. I quickly made my way to Koda's room and entered without knocking.

Koda was standing by the window staring out. She turned around to me and went to say something but I didn't give her a chance. I quickly walked over to her pushed her up against the wall.

I pressed my lips up against hers'. She tried to push me away but I pressed my body up against her. Eventually, she gave in and started kissing back. After a while, I pulled away and rested my forehead against hers'. I looked in her eyes, I pulled her by the waist and into a hug. I raised my hand and ran my hand through her hair. She was tense but I could feel her slowly relaxing.

"I locked you in the office because I didn't want you to get hurt. I couldn't live with myself if you had gotten seriously hurt. It pains me that you have a cut and bruise. I want to kill those guys. I know it's hard for you to believe people when they say they care but I care," I whispered in her ear. She became less tense in my arms. I took a deep breath before saying three words.

"I love you," I told her. I heard her take in a deep breath. Her forehead was resting on my shoulder as my hand was still running through her hair.

"I know it might be hard fo-" I began but was cut off.

"I love you too. You have been there for me. When I was at my best and worst, you stayed with me after learning my past and I am thankful for that," She said as she raised her head and looked me in the eyes. I smiled wide and smashed my lips against hers'.

I started walking backwards and when I felt the back of my legs hit the bed. I turned around and pushed Koda down with me on top of her. I licked her bottom lip waiting for entrance but she didn't allow me. So I slipped my hand under her too and ran my nails over her stomach causing her to gasp. I took the opportunity to slip my tongue into her mouth.

We continued making out until we had to pull apart for air. I didn't wait long as I began to kiss down from the corner of her lips to her jaw then down her neck. She tilted her head to give me more access. I kissed around looking for her sweet point. I heard a tiny gasp as I kissed a certain place on her neck. I smirked before sucking on that spot.

Suddenly there was knock at the door and we quickly pulled apart.

A little voice spoke. "Bubba,"

I groaned and heard Koda giggle, I looked down at her before leaning down and kissing her again. Before I could continue Koda pushed me off of her. She stood up and sorted her clothes before walking towards the door as I watched her ass. She opened it and there stood Maria and Beau, Beau grabbed Koda's hand quickly and pulled her away.

I smiled before standing up and following.

———————————————————————Word Count - 1148

Hope you enjoyed.

Comment what you thought.

And this book is probably not long away from being complete.

Thanks.
xoxo