Chapter Twenty-Four

Lexa's POV

"What?" I asked staring at her in shock. She sighs before taking a deep breath.

"It's my fault your warehouses were attacked. They are after me for some fucking reason. Your people are in fucking danger because they are looking for me. I don't even know why they're after me. I'm putting everyone in fucking danger; you, your parents, Beau, the group, your gang members and Cas," She said and with every word she started to get louder until she stood up and punched the wall.

"That why I'm leaving," she said as she walked towards the closet. I sat there shocked for a second before I registered what she said. I quickly stood up and walked after her.

"No," I said as I pulled her towards me and out of the walk-in closet. I pulled her towards the bed before pushing her down onto it and straddling her so she couldn't get out.

"You're not leaving," I said as I stared down into her eyes. She shook her head and tried to push me off but leaned down so we were chest to chest and held her arms to her side.

"Please let me go. I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me," She whimpered as tears slowly rolled down her beautiful face.

"No, no-one's going to get hurt because we're going to find out who's after you and what they want! Then we're going to deal with them, ok?" I asked as I gently wiped her tears away.

She stared at me for a while before slowly nodding with her eyes closing as more tears rolled down her face. I got off of her and walked into the closet. I grabbed clothes for myself and Koda, I walked back into the room and over to Koda. I sat her up and slowly undressed her, putting the clothes on her and stripping myself and changing as well. Once I was finished and placed our clothes on the hamper, I walked back and laid down and pulled her into my side. I kissed her temple as she buried her head into my neck and wrapped her arms around me. She opened her eyes and stared at me.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," she replied as I watched her fight to keep her eyes open.

"I promise I will never leave you," I said when she smiled and closed her eyes, her breathing evening out. I kissed her forehead before closing my eyes and pulling her closer.

~ the next day~

I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains. I looked down to see Koda still sleeping in my arms peacefully. I looked at the clock on the nightstand.

10:37 am

I read.

'Guess we aren't going to be going to school today' I thought.

I slowly unwrapped my arms from around Koda and stretched out. I stood up slowly making sure to not disturb her. Walked around the side of the bed and kissed her forehead before walking to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and walked into the closet, grabbing some jeans, plain white top and a matching pit of underwear.

I entered the bathroom again before closing the door, turning on the shower and waiting for it to heat up. Stripping from sleepwear I stood into the shower and started to get ready.

Once I was down I got out and grabbed a towel from the stack and dried myself off. I put my underwear on and then blow dried my hair, I quickly styled my hair before putting the rest of my clothes on.

Once I was done I opened the door and stepped out to find Koda sitting up in the bed looking a little bit confused. She looked around and her eyes landed on me before a sleepy smile spread across her beautiful face. I walked towards her and sat down next to her and pulled her into my chest.

"We're not going to school considering we are very late. So I guess we should just hang out here for today and maybe go out to the mall for a bit," I said as I felt her nod her head after a while.

"I'm going to go make something to eat because neither of us ate last night and you never had lunch yesterday," she again nodded but she made no effort no move.

So I ran my hand up and down her back making her sigh and relax in my embrace. We sat for a while before Koda pulled away slowly and stood up. She stretched slightly before going into the closet and coming out with some clothes on her arms. She then walked into the bathroom and she turned to me before smiling and opening her mouth.

"Make sure you don't burn anything," she said as she shut the door and I stared shocked before laughing lightly.

I heard the shower turn on, I smiled and stood up. Making my way out of the room and down the stairs and towards the kitchen. When I entered I was met with Kenna and Cassidy making out leaning up against the countertop.

"Wow guys, if you're going to do that do it in one of your rooms please?" I smirked as they jumped apart and both blushed a deep shade of red.

"Shut up Lexa," Kenna spat.

'Guess someone's not happy I cock blocked her' I thought as I stood there grinning.

"Why aren't you two at school?" I asked as I walked towards the fridge.

"Well, we were going to be go. Everyone else had left and Cassidy came to check on you and Koda when she found you both still fast asleep," Kenna said as she took a drink from her water. I nodded.

"You looked so peaceful so I didn't want to wake either of you guys up so I left you," Cassidy said.

"That's cool so what are you guys doing today?" I asked as I closed the fridge.

"We were about to leave to go get some breakfast," Kenna said. I nodded again.

"Mind if I and Koda join," I asked looking at both of them.

"No we don't mind," Kenna replied with a shrug.

"Lexa doesn't want to risk burning down the house," I heard someone laugh from behind me. Turning around I was met with Koda who was wearing some grey jeans and a plain black top with her leather jacket and some all black vans.

Kenna and Cassidy laughed as I shrugged before kissing her lips. We pulled away and both smiled. Soon we were all on our way to get some breakfast. We were just taking one car.

'It's nice to have a down day for once' I thought to myself.

————————————————————————Word Count - 1150

Hope you enjoyed.

Comment what you thought.

Thanks.
xoxo