Chapter 16: Interspecies Awkward Peace

Shepard changed clothes and headed to the bed. Bunking together wasn't anything new, although most of the time it was to find a few quiet moments together before someone realized they were missing. This was different. She sat down on the bed and glanced at Garrus who was reading a datapad.

"What are you reading? Reports?" Jane moved closer to him and tried to snuggle. He lifted his arm and let her move closer.

"Nah, it's a report on how awkward it is to move in with your girlfriend and have that first night in bed." His voice didn't waiver. It kept that very solid professional sound to it, which made Jane bust out laughing. Leave it to Garrus to break the ice with laughter.

"It's not that awkward is it?" Jane said through laughter.

He put the datapad down and wrapped his arms around her. Rubbing his forehead to the side of hers. "No, actually I think that is what makes it a little awkward. Everything is easy. Everything clicks. Everything is...."

"Right?" Jane's voice hung for a bit and she heard a low grown and a slight mm-hmnm as he snuggled her.

Jane turned her head and let her lips touch the scars on Garrus' face. She heard a low growl and felt his arms tighten around her. He could almost forget there was a war going on. When he had told her almost a year ago, that all he wanted was for something to go right for once. This...this was it.

He whispered in her ear as he rolled her onto her back. "I missed you Jane. I missed us."

It was the first time he had ever referred to them as anything. Her heart swelled and began to beat faster as she wrapped her arms around him. Her legs spread as his hand moved her shorts down exposing her skin to him. When he felt the warmth of her his chest rumbled in what could only be described as a purr.

Garrus slowly removed his pants, leaving him totally exposed to her, and he was totally at ease. She noticed how relaxed every muscle in his body seemed to be. He was at peace. Just like the peace she found in his arms, he had found peace in hers.

Garrus sat up on his knees and pulled Jane's shorts down her legs. As he pulled them off, he gently placed a leg on ether side of his waist. He allowed his fingers to graze up her legs to her hips as he laid over her. His lips found hers and kissed, as best he could, gently. His hands were all over her, gently rubbing and carassing. She felt like he was worshipping and taking in every inch of her, and he was.

Her lips found their way to his neck and began to kiss and nibble. With every nibble his hips arched into her. She could feel him pressing against her begging to enter her but trying to hold back. Trying to make it last. Jane wrapped her legs around him and pulled him closer to her. Her lips were at his ear and he heard her whisper his name. Soft, carassing, and it undid him.

He moved his hips back and pushed forward, sliding into her slowly until he was completely sheathed in her warmth. THey both groaned out and began moving together. Going at each others pace. Taking each other with each thrust and pull. Garrus wasn't going to be able to hold back for long and neither was Jane. it had been too long and they needed this connection so badly.

Jane's breathing started to speed up as Garrus started to thrust faster and harder. Jane grabbed to him tighter making Garrus reach up and brace himself on the small headboard. He thrusted harder and faster, grunting, moaning Jane's name.

"Jane, I....I'm...." She moaned at his words and he felt her body shudder against him and around him.

He moaned out loudly with her and pulsed inside of her. He pulled her close as his body trembled and he finished his release. He kissed her, brushed her body with his hands, rubbed his forehead against hers.

She let her breathing calm down as she started to drift off in his arms. The fact that he could give her that kind of release, relaxation, and peace filled him with pride. He slowly pulled out of her and rolled to his back, bringing her tightly to him. He stroked her hair as she fell asleep. The last thing that could be heard in the room was the sigh of a peaceful turian.