Part 18

Once lunch is finished Patricia decides she wants to come over to my house. I agree but I hope its not because she wants to investigate. "I just want to see how your rooms looks" were her words exactly.

I open my room door and Patricia jumps on top of my bed. "Your room is  cute" she lays down onto her back, "thanks" I say joining her on my bed. She glances at the photo of my mother on my desk.

"Is this your mom" she asked picking up the framed picture. "Yeah that's her I say a lump forming in my throat, "she uhh... passed away 8 months ago"
I continue avoiding her eyes.

"Oh Star I'm sorry" Patricia says rushing towards me, she brings into a hug. "Its fine you didn't know, hey I'll be back I'm gonna grab us some snacks from the kitchen".

I rush out the room and release out a sigh. Its still hard to talk about my mother and so I try to avoid bringing her up. I grab a bag of chips from the cabinet and two cans of soda from the fridge.

I juggle the snacks in my hands as I open the door to see Patricia's long body sprawled out all over my bed.
"Here Tricia " I pass her a soda, and she quickly opens it up.

We chat and munch on our chips until an hour later I hear the front door open. "Looks like someone is home" Patricia says munching away, with a wave of my hand "oh its probably Martha.

Just then my room door opens and Martha walks in. "Just wanted to see if you were home" she says with attitude.  I just stare because this is the first time in a week since she's said anything to me.

"You must be the lovely Martha, hey I'm Patricia her bestfriend". Martha arches a brow "yeah whatever, Starla I'm going out again so dont call or text me" she snaps in my direction and walks out the room.

"I swear I really want to punch the shit out of her" Patricia growls out. I shrug "I'm used to her being a bitch nothing new". "Listen Star I have a strange feeling about her" Patricia begins to pace back and forth.

"Honestly Tricia I could care less about Martha and Magnus being together" I say munching on some chips. "Its so obvious you do care but first we need to talk to Magnus about his relationship with her.

"We need a plan" Patricia takes out a piece of paper and pen and starts jotting down notes. "Tricia... I dont think this is a good idea " I state nervously.

"Relax Star I just want to figure out what's going on" she continues writing down who knows what. "Now that I think about it I why wonder why Martha is protective of Magnus" I start to contemplate on this thought.

"Exactly which is we are going to figure this shit out". I sigh, suddenly I get a text from an unknown number I frown as I open the text.

Unknown number: hey baby girl

Me: uhh who is this

Unknown : baby girl I think you know who this is 😉

"Who is it" Patricia asks looking up at me. "Tricia did you give Magnus my phone number I accuse with a frown. "No I never even spoke to the guy" she says with her hands up in surrender.

I quickly text Magnus back

Me: Magnus how do you have my number

Magnus: I have my ways 😉

I roll my eyes its like I can never get away from him he's just everywhere.

Magnus: Listen Star I want to talk soo do you want to go out for lunch?

I let out a squeal "Tricia... Magnus just asked me out I say jumping up and down. "Well what are you waiting for say YES she screams. I hesitantly text him back.

Me: sure but only as friends

Magnus: of course...

I put my phone down, " let's hope I didn't make a big mistake" I say to Patricia.

She simply nods her head.