Part 20

RECAP :

"Where did you run off too"

***

I take a big gulp as I slowly come up with a lie as to where I've been. "I uhh... went to lunch with some friends" I claim with a slight tremor. Martha squints her eyes at me trying to see if I am telling the truth.

"Hmm... whatever I'm going out later so you are dismissed". She waves her hand at me as if I am a fly and turns back to watching TV. I stick my tongue out at her knowing she cant see me.

With a smile I walk into my room and collapse on my bed. My date with Magnus wasn't so bad but when I mentioned that we aren't together he suddenly became quiet.

I was just being honest and it's not like he has feelings for me. Even though he told me nothing is going on between him and Martha I don't know If I believe him just yet.

I grab my phone and remember I was supposed to call Patricia to tell her about the date. I'm not even sure if it was an actual date, with a sigh I ring Patricia and she answers on the third ring.

"Hey girl soooo tell me all the juicy stuff"

"Patricia if im being honest nothing happened... we did not kiss if that's what you are thinking."

"Aww that sucks soo did you figure out his relationship with Martha.

"Yes, detective I roll my eyes he said nothing is going between them and that is was basically a ... one time thing.

"Well"...

"Well what"

I say with a frown

"Did he seem sincere or did it look like an excuse"

I'm quiet before I reply "honestly he did look sincere but...I dont know if I can trust him just yet.

"Hmm well dont worry I have a few tricks up my sleeve".

We chat for two hours before Patricia has to go walk her dog. I hang up and decide to take a quick well deserved nap.

************************************

I wake up hours later to my cat sitting on my face. I gently remove Millie off my face and walk to the bathroom to pee. Washing my face I hear two people arguing in the living room.

"Martha I dont believe your bullshit..." I recognize that deep voice, curious I tiptoe across the hallway and hide  across the wall.

"Magnus I'm serious... I took the test I really am pregnant your the only guy I slept with". What in the cheesecake Martha is ... pregnant but how..

"Well I don't know what to tell you Martha "... I hear rustling before I hear Martha's aggressive voice.

"Well I'm getting a abortion so dont worry" she snaps. "You can't be serious if this is my child ... I won't allow you to kill my child" Magnus growls.

"I dont care it's my body and I'll do whatever the hell I want and there is nothing you can do about" Martha yells back.

I hear glass smash across the wall, "you only care about yourself Martha what about the baby... he or she didn't even get to take there first breath."

I can hear the sadness in Magnus voice but right now I'm angry at him.
"I'm sorry Magnus... I refuse to be a mom at the age of 19 I just don't want a kid right now".

Its quiet for a few seconds before Martha continues " I have no desire to be a mother plus I don't want to get fat I work hard for the body I have" she snaps at him.

"You disgust me" he spats before he walks out slamming the door.

What did I just witness.