I Can't Believe I Didn't See It Before

Era: Modern
Genre: Uhm.. Sob?
Prompt: "I never loved you."
Requested: NYANPUG55 (<—get angry at this hooman if you cry. I'm kidding! Please don't. Just get angry at me.)
Warning: Some smut

:-: :-:

Third Person POV

Y/N wandered the isle with Hercules, her boyfriend, looking for something to do. "What should we do for Valentine's Day?" She pondered, turning to Hercules. He didn't respond as he was texting someone on his phone.

"Herc?" Y/N questioned, giving the man a gentle push. "Hm?" He arched a brow, looking up from his phone and locking eyes with Y/N. "I asked what we should do for Valentine's Day." She huffed, crossing her arms and letting her lower lip pop out into a pout.

"Oh.. whatever you want, babe." He mumbled before going back to his phone, he grinned when he received a text. "Who're you texting?" Y/N questioned. Instantly Hercules put his phone into his pocket, "No one. Just my boss." He said hastily. "Oh. Alright." She shrugged.

Hercules pulled Y/N close, giving her lips a quick peck. "I've gotta go.." he murmured. "Why?" She grumbled, "Because my.... boss needs me." He replied. "Finee." She groaned. "I'll be home for dinner, promise." Hercules claimed, "Okay." Y/N mumbled sadly.

He let Y/N go and rushed out of the store, into his car and drove off. Y/N sighed and decided to head home, it'd be better off anyways. When she arrived at home she collapsed onto the couch, turning thing on the TV and scrolling through different channels boredly.

She was alone on Valentine's Day; something not many people want. And she had a boyfriend, who had to do something work related.... Well, so she thought.

Currently Hercules was having a heated night with one of Y/N's closest friends. Maria fucking Reynolds. (Forgive me those who love Maria.. no shade against her.)

"We shouldn't be doing this.." Maria mumbled into the kiss. "Y/N doesn't need to know." Hercules breathed out. Maria giggled and continued with what they were doing.

..Ew. (<—This coming from an author who willingly writes smut and writes it if she's bored occasionally)

Y/N sighed. But her mood instantly lifted when she thought to bring him some lunch. Yeah, she knew he worked from home. She let out a satisfied hum and stood up, heading to the kitchen and making a Sandwich.

When she finished she left her apartment with the Sandwich, walking to Herc's place. She used the spare key he'd given her and walked in, her face twisted when she heard muffled noises.

"Mngh.. Maria~" a voice moaned. Y/N frowned hearing this, that was Hercules' voice. She sighed and stormed upstairs and to his room. When the door flew open to reveal Maria giving Herc a BJ, Y/N threw the Sandwich at the two.

"Y-Y/N!" Hercules stammered out breathlessly.  "How could you?! And on Valentines Day!" Y/N hissed as tears threatened to spill. "And Maria-" "Y/N, I can explain!" Hercules claimed, as he struggled into some pants.

"I don't wanna hear your fucking excuses!" Y/N spat, "Maria, I thought you were my friend!" She snarled. "Y/N I-I am-" "No you're not! A friend doesn't fucking sleep with their friend's boyfriend! A friend doesn't fuck their friend's significant other!" Y/N growled.

She turned to Hercules who was staggering over to her, "Please, let me explain-" "I don't want excuses. Tell me why and how long you've been doing this behind my back!" Y/N demanded, her face stern.

Herc swallowed thickly as he opened his mouth to say something. He looked at Y/N before taking a deep breath, "I never loved you." Hercules finally choked out.

SMACK!

Went Y/N's hand. It landed harshly on his cheek, leaving it red. Hercules stared at her in shock. "Your stuff will be outside on the street. I don't ever want to see you again. Don't call me, don't text me, and don't show up at my door trying to make things right!" Y/N deadplanned.

"Y/N-" "Shut up asshole!" Y/N hissed, tears streaming down her cheeks by now. She stormed off and to her house, collapsing on the couch when she got inside.

She held a pillow to her face as she sobbed into it. Y/N's roommate Aaron Burr, popped his head out from the kitchen. "Y/N?" He asked gently, making his way over to the bawling Female.

"What happened?" He said softly as he sat beside her, pulling her close and rubbing her back soothingly. "He-Herc left me." She cried out. "That bastard." Aaron growled, his expression softened when he cupped Y/N's chin.

She blinked at the man, her eyes glossy. Aaron sighed, "He doesn't deserve you anyways." Aaron whispered, wiping one of her tears away with his thumb. "W-Why are yo-you being so nice to me?" She hiccuped, glancing away from Aaron.

Aaron pressed his forehead to hers. "Because... because I love you." He murmured tensely. Y/N's attention instantly snapped to Aaron as she met his gaze. She cracked a broken smile and connected their lips, Aaron sat in shock before eventually melting into the kiss.

When they pulled away Y/N cupped Aaron's cheek. "I don't know why I didn't see it before. I love you too." Y/N said softly. Aaron grinned and gave her lips a quick peck, afterward swooping Y/N into his arms and carrying her to her room.

He laid her on the bed and tucked her in under the covers, "You should get some rest." He mumbled, placing a tender kiss on her forehead. Y/N whined and grabbed his wrist when he attempted to walk away, "Cuddle with me." She whispered.

He couldn't say no to her face and sighed, giving in. Aaron crawled under the covers beside Y/N and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. Y/N smiled softly as she nuzzled into his chest while Aaron rested his chin on her head.

"Goodnight, Y/N.." he mumbled. "Goodnight, Aaron." She replied, yawning as she began to doze off.

:-: :-:

A/N: DAMNIT! The end got me..