I Could Treat You Better Than He Can

Era: Modern
Genre: Angst
Prompt: "I can't lose you!" (Lmao, it's not even listed as a prompt—)
Requested: Me, myself, and I
Warnings: Mention of Suicide

:-: :-:

Y/N POV

I sat on the bathroom floor in a ball, crying into my hands. Blood trickled down my side as my body trembled, he beaten me again.

You're probably wondering who? Right? His name is James Reynolds, my brother. (JAMES, HURT THE FUCKING READERS AGAIN, I DARE YOU!) He isn't a good one, he's abusive. One day he'll kill me from the abuse, I just know it.

I'm scared. I'm worried. I'm anxious.
I don't want to die.

Should I just die? ...Would anybody even care if I committed suicide? (YES. IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING THIS, PEOPLE LOVE AND CARE FOR YOU. DON'T DO IT. PlEASe.)

I sighed as I stood up shakily. James let out a huff before prowling away, I sniffed and wiped a few tears. I staggered out of the bathroom and into my bedroom, crawling onto my bed and under the covers.

I snaked the blankets over my body that was still trembling. Tears continued to flood my face as I stared at the wall blankly. There was a knock at the front door, I heard it open; I bet James let them in...

I heard another knock at my door. It was quiet and gentle. "Who is it.." I mumbled. "George." The person whispered. "George who?!" I snapped. "George Fredrick." They mumbled.
(Aka: KG3)

"Come in.." I murmured softly. The door opened and George walked over to me, sitting on the end of the bed. "I brought donuts." He smiled. I ignored him, I wasn't in the mood for donuts.

His smiled quickly faded into a frown as he set a hand in my shoulder. "Y/N, what's been going on? Something's been up the past few weeks, please tell me." George pleaded. I sat and up and looked at the male with fear and tears in my eyes.

Quickly, I pulled the man into a hug. I sobbed into his shirt as I took shaky breaths. George rubbed my back soothingly, "What is it, Princess?" He whispered. "J-James... he.. he's been abusing me." I murmured.

George's grip tightened and his jaw clenched. "I'll kill him." He seethed. I shook my head and pulled away from George, wiping my tears away. "Don't. Maybe I'll just do like her says and die." I said shakily.

George's eyes widened and he pulled my close again, "No. You can't." He claimed. "Why not?!" I snapped. "I can't lose you, Y/N!" "Why can't you, huh?!" I hissed. "Because, I love you goddamnit!" I froze.

"W-What."

"I love you! I can't bare to see you hurt, o-or worse: killed! Hell, I love you more than my own dog... life itself! And I'm sorry if that came off as creepy, but, I needed to get it off my chest!" George explained before he released me, his cheeks were dusted with pink as he looked at his hands.

"I wanna start a new life," I whispered, cupping his chin so he'd look at me. I took a hesitant breath before speaking again, "..With you." I finished. George cracked a broken smiled and I did too, "Let's go." He whispered before scooping me into his arms, he pushed past James as we left.

~*5 year's later*~

I laid in the lawn enjoying the sun as he heated down on my skin. I closed my eyes and hummed softly. I felt a soft presence on my lips and opened my eyes to see George above me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled into the tender kiss before he pulled away. "Afternoon, beautiful~" he cooed. I sat up as he got off me, smiling. "Afternoon, George." I snickered. He swallowed thickly before fiddling with his pocket.

I watched in curiosity as he pulled out a little red box, he opened the box and held it out to me. Before me lay a beautiful diamond ring, I gasped in shock. "Marry me?"