"Eight fucking years, I waited!"

Era: Modern
Genre: Angst
Prompt: "Eight years, how could I forgive you?!"
Requested: large-baguettee
A/N: Expect to see a part two for "Lap Dance".... hhhh, redid the ending.

:-: :-:

Y/N POV

I sat at home making myself some lunch, well actually, I should be saying brunch. I haven't seen my boyfriend in years, he just got up and left one day—haven't spoken to him since.

I silently ate my sandwich as my dog, Aspen, who was a beautiful malamute, padded up to me and sat by my feet. I smiled and gave her head a pat.

I couldn't help but find myself sighing softly and I tangled a hand into my hair. If Thomas ever came back I'm going to tucking strangle him. Muttering curses under my breath, I stood and left my house, finishing my sandwich.

I headed off for the super market with a blank expression, men flirting with me along the way. I brushed them off and told them to brother someone else. I was certainly in no mood today, I noticed the press snapping photos of someone. I assumed a celebrity and rolled my eyes.

I grabbed a basket and began to put different kinds of vegetables and fruits in it. Humming a small tune to myself while I did so. Honestly, life has been much more peaceful without Thomas. There's less drama, hardly anyone is coming over (which was great, you hated when he'd throw parties), the house is easier to clean. The house was much easier to clean, he always had a really bad tendency to leave dishes lying around.

A content sigh escaped my mouth and I ran my fingers along the table some of the fruits sat on. I decided I didn't need any and continued on my way before seeing a flash of magenta and bumping into someone. A small 'oof!' erupted form me as I fell back and onto my butt.

"Sorry, Doll, my bad." A southern accent rang before a hand extended out towards me. Without thinking, I took the help and stood up. I brushed myself off and went to thank the person before being pulled into a hug. My eyes widened and I pushed myself away, "Who the hell do you think you are?!" I hissed before dawning on reality. I scanned their face. Thomas.

I found myself staring longer than I should have cause I saw that signature smug, Jefferson smirk, dance across his face. "See something you missed, Darlin'?" He teased with that oh-so-attractive laugh. Damn.

"Nope."

Was all that came from my mouth and his expression fell. "Look, I'm sorry for leaving without telling you where I was headed." He mumbled. "I don't care." I seethed and grabbed my basket of fruits and vegetables, putting the food away where I got them before I prepared to leave.

I headed off quickly and tried to avoid Thomas but he didn't give up so easily. "Y/N, please talk to me." He begged. I came to an abrupt halt when I was outside our- my house. "Thomas, I don't want your fucking apology. You left for eight years, do you have any idea what that did to me?" I questioned with a sour tone. "I... no, I don't." Thomas sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I waited.. and I waited.. and waited, waited, waited! Eight fucking years! I waited for your magenta fucking ass to get back here! Send me a letter, something! But, nothing came. No one did." I growled. By now I had my forehead on his chest as I punched his chest repeatedly, tears threatening to fall. And he just let me...

"Eight. Whole. Years.." I breathed with a muffled sob escaping me. "Why the hell should I forgive you?" I muttered and sniffed, tears now falling. I watched as the cement changed color when my tears landed. "You shouldn't," Thomas stated, "But, I'm asking, no, I'm begging you... to please forgive me. Because, damnit, Y/N, that was the worst mistake of my life. I made you cry, for years I should add, and I was too busy being greedy and caring for myself." Now it was his turn to cry as I wiped my tears, never making eye contact with him.

I eventually glanced up at Thomas to see he had some tears welling in his eyes. I sighed softly and rubbed the back of his neck. I gently cup Thomas' and stroke it with my thumb. I smiled weakly at Thomas before releasing his cheek, shaking my head. "I'm sorry, Thomas. I..." I swallow a lump in my throat. "I don't...can't forgive you. You left for eight years and just expected me to be waiting for you? Thomas, you put me through eight years of hell. Those eight years you just disappeared, were the hardest years of my life." I muttered.

"Laf asked me out a while back..." I hesitantly meet Thomas' heartbroken gaze. I frown a bit and sigh. "I accepted. We've been seeing each other for a while. I'm sorry Thomas." I said, staring at him as I could see Thomas' breath hitched. He was trying to stop his crying, I can tell. The sight broke my heart but after what he did to me...maybe he deserves it.

Thomas lifted his thumb and wiped a tear that had escape. He sniffed slightly and exhaled shakily. Thomas swallowed thickly and nodded, smiling weakly at me as he tried to regain his composure. "I understand.." he says, pulling me in for a tight hug. I hugged him back and we remained like that for a while.

Lafayette caught sight of us and made his way over with a warm smile. Thomas pulled away from me when Laf had halted beside us. He dipped his head and wished us well, before he turned and left.

Maybe someday I'll forgive him. Just not today. I turned to the Lancelot beside me and smile, giving his cheek a kiss before I grab his hand and guide him inside.