"I feel invincible!"

Era: Modern
Genre: Floof
Prompt: "I feel invincible!"
Requested: NYANPUG55
A/N: This could easily be a mini shot... but, I'm going to try an make it an actual chapter.

:-: :-:

Y/N POV

I sat at my desk typing away furiously. I was tired, I had bags under my eyes, oh shit... did I just drop something? I don't know..

I lazily shifting my gaze away from my computer and looked around, I dropped a mug. Wonder-fucking-ful. I sighed and stood up, but almost immediately fell over. I winced in pain and tried to push myself up, but failed. I whined as I reached for a pillow off the couch, eventually managing to grab one. I sighed in content as I laid my head on it, closing my eyes.

I need sleep...

I'm becoming Alexander...

Speaking of the little gremlin, Alex walked through the door and set his things down. He looks tired, not nearly as tired as me, but tired. Alexander's eyes widened at the sight of me, he hurriedly rushes to my side and steaming stroking my back. "Y/N, love, what are you doing still awake?" He asked softly. "I should ask you the same thing." I retorted with a huff.

Alex sighed, "I get it. I need sleep and should come home earlier, I'll try, okay love?" He stated. I nodded meekly. "Let's get you to bed." He mumbled before helping me up. "No! I need to finish my work!" I exclaimed. Alex jumped from my sudden outburst by pushed it away. I set my hands on the desk, or not, I accidentally knocked off my pencil holder. I yelped, "Y'know What? Bed sounds good right about now!" I then raced away to our bedroom.

Alexander chuckled before grabbing the pencils and placing them in the cup, setting it on the desk. He then proceeded to clean up the broken mug and place it in the trash. Alex made his way over to the room where he found me snuggled into the sheets, staring at the wall.

"You're not mad at me right?" I whispered. Alex made his way over to the bed and sat down beside me, beginning to toy with my hair. "Now why would you think that?" He asked gently. "I broke a mug... and I didn't sleep." I murmured hesitantly. "Well, people make mistakes." Alex stated, a small smile gracing his features. I grinned meekly, "Get some rest, love. You can finished work in the morning." Alex ordered in a soft tone. "Only if you're with me." I stuck out my tongue.

Alexander chuckled and easily complied, laying down and pulling me into his embrace. I smiled contently and nuzzled myself into the crook of his neck, feeling relaxed in his warmth.

:-: :-:

I woke up to find Alex still sleeping beside me. I reluctantly pulled away  and got up, rubbing my eyes as I made my way out and towards my desk. I opened laptop and began to work wordlessly, I heard a groan and shuffling. Moments later Alexander appeared from the bedroom and headed for the kitchen as he began to brew some coffee. I ignored him, even though the smell of coffee was hypnotizing.

A few minutes later he came over to me and handed me a cup of coffee. "I don't need it." I claimed, continuing to type. Alex sighed, "Just drink it. It'll help keep you awake." He pleaded. I was too tired to argue so I reluctantly took the mug from him, drinking a small bit of it. The warm beverage seemed to wake me up, and I melted at the flavor. So I drank more.

~*Five minutes later*~

I was bouncing off the walls..

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at Alex as he attempted to calm me down, jumping onto the bed  as I did so. "Y/N! You need to calm down!" Alexander shouted frantically, I scoffed and threw another pillow at him. He caught it and tossed it to the side, then I jumped at him.

Alexander stumbled from the impact but caught me nonetheless. I giggled giddily before trying to pull away from him, "Please, calm down." He begged. "I feel invincible!" I claimed, giggling again. "Please?" He frowned. I sighed before pecking his lips, "I can try." I stated. "That's good enough!" He grinned.

"I'm never giving you coffee again."

"Good idea."