Part 12

Zelda Argyros POV

I got out of the house and into my car before speeding away.

I needed to teach them a lesson to never use my family in their game, I could've asked Lee to capture them and bring them to me, but that would be too easy. Too boring.

I like to play with my preys' minds, and making them fear what may come and wonder when.

I asked Deren to borrow me Lee for few days. I need to solve this problem, but I have to figure out all the pieces of the puzzle first if I want to keep my family out of the harms way. I know who was behind the kids' accident and I know who ordered them to do it, but there's still something missing.

I found all the instigators too easily, no one in their sane mind would mess with me without a back up plan. Not when knowing I could erase them from the face of the earth with a snap of my fingers.

I spent the last nine years of my life making myself untouchable, not only because of my revenge but also because of my family. Especially my kids I wanted to make sure no one could ever trample on them, and that they would never experience what I went through.

For that exact reason I need to solve this mystery, I need to put a stop to whatever plan these people were brewing. For I have a strong feeling if they succeed my family will be at the receiving end of its destruction, and I always trust my hunch. For that I need Lee's help because I don't trust anyone to help me in this but him and my cousin, and since Deren's busy with his family's issues I'm left with no one but Lee and his men.

My phone rung snapping me out of my thoughts. "How did it go?" I asked as soon as I picked it up.

"Done. We delivered it as per your instructions." Lee answered.

"Thanks, you can take the rest of the day off." I told him.

"Thank you." He said before hanging up.

Now I have to do the inevitable, I need to talk with both my husband and my eldest. I don't really know how to tell them about my revelation, but I can't postpone it any longer.

I can't believe a human is capable of doing something even animals aren't capable of doing. I sighed before parking my car in my private parking lot in the company, and marching towards the door.

I wasn't lying when I told Tyrone that I needed to attend to some work, Sophia has been calling me non-stop in the past few days telling me there was a shareholders meeting that needed my attendance personally. It just wasn't the only work I planned on doing.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

It's been awhile now that I was sitting in this boring meeting with a bunch of old farts whining like a freaking bitch in pain.

"What are you hinting at Mr. Thompson?" I asked coldly when one of them tried to be the brave one of the herd by questioning my credibility. "Are you questioning my intentions towards my own company?" I asked again. "The one I fucking built from scratch!" I laughed humourlessly.

"You've got some nerve there." I said after watching for a couple of minutes doing nothing but gulping audibly while opening his mouth and shutting it like the fucking fish he is.

"Don't forget this is my company. Me and my husband are the main shareholders, and even if it wasn't the case and you were the one with the most of the shares, I still wouldn't tolerate being talked to in that degrading and accusing tone you just used." I warned coldly.