Part 25

Unedited.

Zelda Argyros POV

"ZELDA!" Jason's shout was the last thing I heard before I welcomed the darkness.

I woke up after what seems to be quite sometime later. Jason was right by my bed's side, nursing me as always.

"What the hell happened to you?" He asked angrily.

"I- he- he took everything away from me. H- he robbed me out of my life." I cried.

He immediately took me in his arms. "Okay, shh, it's okay now. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." He comforted soothingly, kissing my temple

"It wasn't your fault! Don't blame yourself for their mistakes." I said hugging him tightly.

"No, I should have known that that fucking bastard would try something. There was something about him that gave me the negative vibes." He said.

"Bu-" I was cut off with multiple gunshots resonating in the air.

They're here! They fucking broke their promise, I should have never trusted a bunch of lying trash.

Jason looked up confused as to what the commotion was about, since he wasn't aware of anything.

"Jason, we need to go now!" I whisper yelled at him when he tried to loosen my grip on him to go to the door to see what's happening.

"What do you mea-" the door broke open cutting him off, and five men each holding a gun in his hand, pointing it at us.

Jason looked at me as if he realised what exactly was going on, and shouted.

"ZELDA, RUN!"

Jason threw me through the window before those men had the chance to pull the trigger. I whimpered a feeble 'No' before my body landed on the grass outside the apartment with glass from the window surrounding me, some pieces even piercing through my body.

I was surprised I could lift myself up immediately after I got shoved from a second floor window, maybe the grass lessened the impact of the blow.

I was about to run back up to our floor when Jason shouted from above freezing me in my place. "Run, Zelda. Don't waste my sacrifice. Please just go as far away from here as possible." He pleaded looking down at me with a sad look before he was dragged back in the room. Then not even a second later, a sound of a bullet resonated through the air.

"Get her!" The voices at the entrance of the building snapped me back out of my daze, I lifted my gaze up to see three of those bulky men charging towards me with their guns raised high.

Jason's plea echoed in my head, and as if my feet have a mind of their own, I started running like my life depended on it. However the sound of their heavy footsteps on the pavement didn't leave my ears no matter how much I increased my pace.

It was like my body was punishing me for neglecting it, their loud and steady footsteps' sounds were clearly mocking my weight. Reminding me that I can never outpace them.