Part 17

Unedited.

Zelda Argyros POV

I switched my phone on when I stepped out of the mansion to find dozens of missed calls from Tyrone's secretary. I panicked, and was about to call her back when her ID flashed through the screen.

"What's wrong with Tyrone?" I asked as soon the call connected.

"Nothing wrong, Mrs . Argyros. Mr. Argyros just told me to remind you of the event you have to attend tomorrow, and that he might come home late." She said.

"Is he still in the company?" I asked.

"Yes, madam, he's currently in a meeting." She informed.

"Thanks, Linda."

It must have been a very important meeting for Tyrone to stay away from the kids until this hour. He usually comes home before sunset, and if he has a meeting, it usually lasts only two hours after sunset maximumly.

I parked at the entrance of the mansion, and went inside the house only to be have my little charmer hiding behind me laughing. "Mama, save me. Jacob eat me." Eyton said giggling.

"Oh, really! Then-" I said turning to him after winking at Jacob. "-I will have to help him." His eyes widened. He attempted to escape, but I caught him and started tickling him while he thrashed laughing frantically. "Mama, my side." He said between his laughs.

"No, mama is on Jacob's side today." I tickled him a while longer before I lifted him in my arms showering him with kisses all over his cute little face causing for his giggles to increase.

I put him down after sometime, and glanced at Jacob to see him looking at us in a longingly. His eyes carried a mixed hint of nostalgia and sadness.

"Jacob, come here, son." I ushered him over.

"Mrs. Argyros, good evening." He bowed slightly. He is still timid around me and Tyrone, and no matter how much I tried to lessen the hollowness in those innocent eyes, there's not so much I could do.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" I reprimanded.

"I'm sorry, m- mom."

"That's more like it. You and your siblings are all like our children, you're Egan, Eyton, Arcadia, and Acacia's siblings. Don't forget that, okay?" I said ruffling his ash blond hair.

"Yes, mom. I'm sorry." He apologised.

"No need to apologise, son. Now tell me what got you sad, did someone offend you or something?" I asked.

Even though I very much doubt it was because of that, for the workers know better than saying anything to anyone from the Second House. They are to serve them with the same respect as they do us, no one is to cross the line with them, and I don't think it was someone from outside because today was a weekend, so they didn't get out of the premises due to their upcoming exams.

However the most prominent reason was because he had the same look I had years ago. When I used to get bullied ruthlessly with no one to stand up for me.

The look of complete and utter loneliness, and that's what bothered me the most because I made sure no one of them would feel the lack of anything, I even told all the kids to refer to me and my husband as their parents.