Part 47

Unedited.

Third Person POV

The woman rode her car to the warehouse they agreed to put the children in with excitement like no other. She was happy that she finally got a hold of Zelda's ultimate weakness.

Her closure was finally here, within her reach.

Little did she know that she was in for the surprise of her life, in the next few moments she would realise why she shouldn't have underestimated Zelda.

That she should have been smarter than falling in her own trap.

Zelda didn't climb the food chain ladder by easily falling for ill-performed stupid tricks that were meant to harm her.

She was strong for a reason.

She was fearful for a reason.

When the woman parked her car in front of the warehouse and entered, she immediately started blabbering happily. Way too happily to realise her surroundings which was a dumb and unprofessional move considering she knew who Zelda exactly was and what was she capable of.

"Where are they?" She asked, still humming stupidly.

"Hello to you too, dearest." Said an all to familiar voice, calmly, sending shivers of pure white horror through her veins.

She then snapped her head up, frantically scanning her surroundings until she met an enraged pair of beautiful sapphire blue eyes.

"Imp- impossible! H- how?" The once overly confident proxy was now speechless and unable to form a coherent sentence.

"Did you seriously think you could outsmart me that easily?" She asked rhetorically. "How dumb of you, dear friend!" She mocked, chuckling.

The woman looked at the men who were on their knees in front of the some of their bodyguards across from them. The spacious warehouse almost looked crowded with the army of the bodyguards that were occupying it.

"Oh, excuse my husband, he tends to overreact." Zelda said with an eye roll referring to the amount of the men they brought with them when she saw the woman looking around the room in a panicked way, before she chuckled. "But then that way we would ensure that no one goes away unsatisfied." She emphasised on the last word, and by the look on her proxy's she knew she understood her point.

She was referring that the woman won't be able to leave until and unless she was done with her, which would most probably mean that she would be leaving in a body bag and that too only if her stars are on her side today.

"Oh, and by the way you just came in time to witness the show, would you like to enjoy it with us?" Zelda asked.

When the woman didn't answer, she threw the knife she was twirling in her hand at the shaking woman, allowing it to graze her forehead slightly and stuck to the wall without causing anymore damage.

"It's rude to ignore someone after showing this much interest in starting a conversation with you!" Zelda snapped, reprimanding her for the 'rude' behaviour she showcased.

"I- I don't k- kno-"

"Tut, tut, that isn't the answer I'm expecting." She cut her pathetic stuttering off. "Be careful, dear Sophie, don't provoke me. Believe me you won't like my oh-not-so-kind side, so you better answer me while I'm being nice." She warned in a dead serious tone.

"Y- yes." She finally answered, scared shitless. She was scared how calm and smooth Zelda's words and actions were portrayed, she seemed so refined and graceful even in this situation that it gave Sophie the chills.