Chapter Two|| Head held high

{Rosemaire's POV}

"So you'll neal, accept the title, sign your name and then do the bonding." my father explained as I stood before him as he sat on his throne.

The crown upon his head winked in the light. The church officials had just come to drop off important papers for my coronation just weeks away so my mother and father were in full queen and king mode.

"It's nothing to stress, love." my mother's soft voice floated through my ears and I turned to look at her.

She wore her crown with her head held high. I wish I had her courage. A woman brought up in the sectors to only become queen and completely end them and still be able to lead effortlessly. I admired her.

She beckoned me over with the wave of her hand. I grabbed my dress, lifting it a bit to walk to her. She rose from her throne beside my father and motioned me towards it.

"Sit." my eyes widened and I looked to my father for approval.

I wasn't supposed to sit on the throne until I'm queen. He responded with a nod and I took a deep breath before doing so. I didn't know if this was a plan they come up with or something, but the whole situation was odd. They had been acting odd all day.

As I sat and looked out the room my heart sped up. The throne room was pretty empty besides the maids cleaning here and there, but it was still weird to be up on this platform and looking down on the people around me.

I was zoned out until something was placed upon my head and I looked seeing my mom back away with a smile on her face and the crown that once sat on her head was gone.

"Alice," my mother called out to a maid nearby and she smiled walking up and handing her a mirror before curtsying and walking away.

I knew they were up to something.

"Look," mom said holding the mirror out.

With shaky hands, I took the mirror and turned it to face me. The crown was sat perfectly on the top of my head giving me an authoritative look. I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

This is becoming so real so quickly.

"This is your destiny, love. You'll have the power in your hands soon enough. It's time to accept that. No matter what anyone says." her tone was soft and I knew she spoke kindly to not upset me.

She found me in my room yesterday crying after what I heard Eligh speak about me. My mom was my rock. In minutes she had already made me smile and laugh multiple times and had me feeling better in no time.

I looked over at my father to see him looking straight ahead, his chin resting on his fist as he sat in thought.

"Dad?" I asked softly and his eyes snapped to meet mine.

"Yes, love?"

"You okay?" his expression changed into a smile.

"Of course. Are you?" I looked down at my lap, removing the crown and giving it back to my mother.

"Yeah." I guess she told him what had happened.

I heard him sigh and stand. A few seconds later, he was crouching before me. "Look at me."

My eyes met his and I saw him look almost pained.

"I don't ever want to hear that you were crying locked up in your room again, okay? Especially because of your brother. You come to me and I will deal with him, do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir."

"You are a beautiful and smart girl. You will be a great queen just like your mother." those words must have hurt for him to speak considering what he spoke to my mother yesterday.

"I heard you talking you know," I stated, trying to keep the bite out of my tone. "Eligh wasn't the only reason I was crying, father. You...you don't see me as queen either and that's okay, I know Eligh would be a better king than I would queen, but if you think that so much why don't you just make him king already?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I heard you talking to mom! About how I barely came up with one plan and Eligh worked out so many more. I'm not fit for a queen!"

"Rose." my mother warned softly as she sensed my father's temper rise.

"First, I don't appreciate you listening in on what I and your mother talk about. Second, just because I told your mother some facts about a small situation doesn't mean I doubt you, Rosemarie. Sure, you figured out one strategy but do you know how you based it?" he asked and I simply shrugged.

"You based it on what was best for your people. That is exactly what your mother would have done as queen. Sure, Eligh had more but they were more battle strategies. Our people need a new breath of fresh air, Rose. That new change is you. They have been dealing with me for too long and my battle strategies like your brother...your mother is the one who changed me, love. It's okay to be different."

What a bullshit thing to say.

"Okay, am I dismissed?" I could tell that pisses him off more, but nonetheless, he stood up.

"You're dismissed."

I was quick to get up and rush down the steps to leave this suffocating room.

"Rose," he called out causing me to halt.

"Yes, father?" I asked with my back to him.

"Don't forget that tonight you will be going with me to The War Pack to meet with Alpha Mathias and discuss the rogue problems around the borders of our packs. It's your first real meeting, you need to be dressed properly and be prepared. Start thinking now about what you'll discuss with him, you'll take the reigns on this one." I gritted my teeth.

I almost forgot about that.

The War Pack was terrifying. My mother may have been best friends with the previous luna, but it was still sketchy to me. I remember going there as a child and playing with Mathias. He was a sweet boy...but over the years he changed and I wasn't allowed over there anymore. Something about his mother saying that his...sudden shifts were dangerous for non-lycan people to be around, but the stories I heard about him were almost unbearable.

One of the most powerful creatures on our planet.

The first full lycan in years.

And I heard he ruled his pack with an iron fist.

________________________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I'm posting another chapter soon :)

Want more?

Jump onto Radish and read all chapters but one on there for free:)

What do you think will happen next?