Chapter Fifty|| The Hounds & the Babies

{Rosemarie's POV}

"So good," I groaned, closing my eyes, cherishing the moment.

"I would assume," Mathias snickered. "You're devouring that poor burger."

I swallowed my food and gave him a sheepish grin. "They have an appetite today." I shrugged, shoving a fry into my mouth.

It had been a week since we found out about the twins and ever since, my symptoms have picked up. The worst one was the morning sickness— it was absolutely terrible. Turns out, I was farther along than what we expected. I was six weeks. I guess the first test I took wasn't as negative as we thought... sneaky little babies.

Today, though, we were craving a greasy burger and fries for lunch.

"What is on our itinerary for the day?" Mathias asked before biting into his burger.

"We have to meet the hounds and see how they are settling in, meet with the Malevolent Twins on the big surprise, and tell my parents the news." The thought alone scared me, I knew my parents would be excited, but you never knew with my father.

"Only one of those tasks seems fine. I don't want to see Chase nor deal with your father." he groaned.

"My father will be fine, as for Chase, I'll pray for you." I winked, eating another fry.

"They gave us some pie with our lunch, does that sound appetizing?" he slid over a piece to me and my eyes lit up at the sight.

"This looks—" I stopped mid-sentence as the smell hit my nose.

Scrambling from my chair, I darted towards the nearest bathroom down the hall from the dining room. I burst through the door, dropping to my knees in front of the toilet letting out my previous lunch.

My hair was pulled back as Mathias squatted next to me, rubbing my back with his free hand. "Sorry, love, I wasn't thinking."

"It's not your fault." I groaned, sitting back.

He let go of my hair, reaching over to wipe a stray tear. "I hate seeing you like this." he frowned.

"More months to go, am I right?" I tried to joke.

"Come on, lets get you up." he stood, holding his hand out to me.

I grabbed it, letting him help me up. I walked to the sink, taking a papertowel and wiped the leaked mascara off my face. "I guess it's good we're telling people soon. I won't be able to hide it much anymore with all of this happening."

Mathias wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his chin on my shoulder and looked at me in the mirror. "Everyone is gonna be excited. Two new heirs will be born."

"I hope it's two girls just to stress you out." I teased and his eyes narrowed.

"I pray to the Goddess it's not." I chuckled at him, spinning in his arms to look up at him.

"I need to brush my teeth and then we can go meet the hounds. We haven't had much time to talk with them recently. Plus, I'm pretty sure someone reported that Alexander has been demanding free drinks at a bar in town because he helped save the nation's Queen and he is apparently a national hero."

Mathias rolled his eyes. "Of course he did... he never fails to annoy me."

I patted his shoulder with a small grin. "Well, let's go."

After brushing my teeth and feeling a little better, we headed to the hounds' house. It didn't take too long to walk there and as we walked up, I heard faint yelling.