Chapter Thirty-Seven|| Coronation Day

{Rosemarie's POV}

My hands were shaking as I sat in front of the mirror. I wanted nothing more than my friends to be here with me, but only royal family members or certain royals could attend the coronation. Everyone else was watching it on the national broadcast. Today was the day everything will change...and for the better.

"How are you feeling?" My mother asked, watching as my hairdresser finished my updo.

"I'm nervous."

"It's normal. I was too. I was so nervous I felt as if I'd get sick, but it's not that bad. I promise it will be over before you know it and you can start your new life as queen." She beamed and I couldn't help but smile.

I was about to be Queen Rosemarie.

I was no longer a princess.

How odd that felt to think.

"Your majesty, would you like to do the honors?" My hairdresser asked, holding my crown.

"I would love to," She took it from her hands and looked it over.

"My my... this is the last time you'll wear this. You've grown so much." Tears filled her eyes and I shook my head.

"Mom, please don't cry. If you cry then I'll cry and then my makeup will be ruined." I teased.

She quickly batted her eyes, trying to blink her tears away. "Well, we can't have that, can we? This is your big day." She winked, walking behind me, and slowly placed the crown on my head.

"We're not pinning it in since you will be changing crowns, so be careful. Its combs on the sides will help stay in for the most part but no exaggerated movements until your crowns are switched."

I nodded as she backed up, looking me over. "Let's get your dress on, sweetheart."

I took a deep breath, standing from my chair, and walked over to where the maids held my dress, unzipping it. It was a beautiful dress that was gold with a shiny crimson red dispersed throughout.

"You added Mathais' colors on it?" I asked, running my fingers over it.

"It is only fitting. After all, he is the Alpha of war until he gives over his title to your brother."

"I love it, mom, thank you."

"Of course, love. Now go ahead and put it on, we're running out of time." I quickly did as told, and the maids started zipping me up.

They helped me step into my heels and I turned looking in the mirror. I raised my chin and smiled. "Mom, I'm going to make you proud. Mathias and I both will."

"Oh, I know, sweetheart. You already have." She gave me one last hug and pulled back with a grin on her face. "I have a surprise."

"What's that?"

"As you know, it is part of the tradition for the old queen and one other royal member picked by you to walk down the aisle behind you, holding the train of your dress."

"Yes?"

"Well, I know you said you didn't want anyone other than your friends and you were fine with just me holding it, but I wanted one of your close friends to be here with you."

"You got the church officials to let me have a friend here?!" I grinned excitedly.

"O M G. You look hot!" I heard and turned seeing Amber Jo walk in.

"AJ!" I squealed as she ran up to me.

"How?!" I asked, looking back at my mother.

"Um, hello? My mom is your dad's half-sister! I have royal blood." AJ winked.