Chapter Forty-Six|| Honeymoon

{Rosemarie's POV}

"DON'T LEAVE ME!" Chase yelled and I rolled my eyes, shoving him off me.

"I'm going to be gone for a week." I giggled.

"Really, don't leave me with these fools," Anna begged and Mathias chuckled, throwing his arm around me.

"We're leaving and you're not stopping us. A week away from each of you sounds amazing and you better be moved into your house when we get back!" He scorned and I watched as Alexander let out an exaggerated sigh.

"No promises," he shrugged.

"Alex..." Mathias warned.

"Fine! Fine... if you want us gone sooo bad, we'll leave."

"I personally love having you all around, but you keep burning stuff accidentally and you need to go to the house we hound proofed for you." I smiled.

"Did Alara ever get back to you on a spell that would fireproof my clothes?" Chase pouted.

"She's working on it, now can we please leave to enjoy our vacation?" I replied and they each nodded.

"Okay, be smart, and don't drive everyone crazy, alright?"

"Who's in charge while you're away?" Devin asked, finally piping in.

"My father is looking over everything and hopefully when we get back, we'll have time to sit down and choose our beta."

"Who are you looking into?" Anna asked.

Mathias and I looked at each other with a small grin. "We'll tell you about it later." I winked.

"Wait who is it?!" Alexander called out as we started to walk away.

"Ask your protector," I called out over my shoulder and the hounds excitedly started jumping around Devin who had a shy smile on his face.

We walked outside to the car that was loaded with our suitcases and I felt all giddy inside. I was going on a honeymoon! I was more than excited, to say the least.

"Italy here we come!" I chirped, practically diving headfirst into the car.

"It's a good thing your parents are friends with Dante." Mathias mused.

"I know... or else we wouldn't be welcome there," I replied, watching the scenery go by as our driver took off down the driveway.

Italy was vampire territory and we were promised a safe arrival and checkout, but I still couldn't help but be nervous. Wolves walking into vampire territory always shook people up and rubbed them the wrong way. How is it that we can enter their country but they can't enter ours? According to Mathias, I stress too much. Though, we did have to meet the famous King and Queen of Italy—that, I was definitely worried about.

As time went by, it wasn't long before we were on a plane headed to our destination.

"You're nervous," Mathias mumbled, placing a hand on my thigh after we got settled in.

"What? No..." I lied and he shook his head, humor lighting his eyes.

"You bounce your knee when you're nervous." He pointed out and I gave him a sheepish smile.

"I can't help it! We're going into territory that we aren't familiar with. We're not king and queen there, we're simply wolves that vampires despise." I stated.

"Well, I heard the McKinley Crew was visiting Italy so technically, not all the vampires there hate our kind." He suggested.

"True... I'd love to meet them. I've heard so many stories about them growing up." I mumbled, remembering the tales my father used to tell me as a kid.

"Well, we get to meet two of them at least."

"True... but that is going to be nerve-wracking."

"Rose, just remembered what we practiced for so long. You're a queen and I'm a king... just like they are. The only difference is they're hundreds of years older than us." He teased.

"And could kill us in the blink of an eye," I mumbled, folding my arms.

"Wrong. Your lycan and I would spot a move from them before they even attempted. No one would dare to lay a finger on you or me considering our status and our abilities." He spoke, his head held high with confidence.

"Can we just get there first before we start comparing size?" I asked he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"No vampire is stronger than me, I'm sorry to seem that way but I live by that." He replied.

Though that may be true, I still wasn't ever going to understimate a potential enemy.

"Now, we have many hours ahead of us. Try to get some sleep." He smiled and I sighed, closing my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder.

***

I thought I only fell asleep for a few hours, but by the time I woke back up, we only had an hour left on our flight.

Now, we were landing and I was practically on the edge of my seat.

"You look like a kid in a candy store." Mathias joked.

"I'm excited okay?! Look at this place!" I exclaimed, looking out my tiny window at the beautiful place we just landed in.

"Your majesties... Italy's king and queen await you." A man spoke, walking up to us, and my heart dropped into my stomach.

We're meeting them so soon?

Mathias stood, going into King mode while I tried to piece myself together as I followed after the two of them off the plane. Mathias looked like a god as he exited the plane; whereas my hair was flying in every direction from the breeze outside and I was trying to smack it down to keep it in place.

I looked up when Mathias stopped walking and two beautiful people stood before us. The woman, Queen Lachlan, was wear a plain white pantsuit looking mindblowing. How can someone be so perfect?

"Queen Rosemarie," The man, Dante, held out his hand for me to shake.

"King Dante," I replied, shaking it and held my head high as Mathias taught me so many months ago.

"Rosemarie," Lachlan smiled, pulling me in for a hug, causing my eyes to widen.

I hugged her back, though, seeing how friendly she was. "It's nice to meet you, Lachlan,"

"And you must be the mate, King Mathias. It's nice to meet you," Dante looked to Mathias as they shook hands and Mathias did the same with Lachlan.

"I thank you for letting us vacation here, it's quite remarkable." I smiled.

"Of course, the whole vampire and werewolf thing is in the past and I assure you that your stay here is one hundred percent safe." Dante explained.

"We appreciate that." Mathias spoke up.

"Maybe one day we can discuss to... come to an agreement on some things about borders?" I suggested and Lachlan's eyes lit up.

"That would be very kind of you."

"Alright! Now that formalities are out of the way how about we take you all out to dinner and may or may not get completely wasted?" Dante spoke up, his personality completely shifting from formal to quirky.

Now, that was the man my father talked about. Corny, cocky, and overall one crazy man. 

______________________

Get ready for spam updates on this book tonight!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE