Chapter Forty-Eight|| Queen Rosemarie

{Mathias' POV}

I groaned, slowly sitting up in bed. I glanced at the clock and my eyes widened as I saw what time it was.

"Shit," I cursed, throwing the covers off of me.

Rose and I had gotten back home from our honeymoon two days ago, which made me completely exhausted trying to get back into the groove of things around here. Although, spending almost two weeks away with Rose without a care in the world was amazing, I was glad to be back home on our territory.

Rose, though, was in full Queen mode since we arrived and I couldn't have been more proud.

I quickly changed into a suit and tried my best to make myself look presentable as I hurried to get ready. After a few minutes, I darted out of our bedroom door and down to our conference room.

When I opened the door, all eyes turned to look at me.

I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry for the late arrival." I made my way to sit next to Rose who wore a dress with her crown placed perfectly upon her head—not one hair was out of place.

"It's fine, Mathias, we just got started." She reassured.

"Now, back to what we were saying. We are talking about opening our borders to blood suckers... there's a reason why we closed them to begin with." A church official spoke, his distaste for vampires clear.

"With all due respect, I think it's time for a change and I've recently spoken with Dante and Lachlan. Their vampires are under control. They have been letting us into their territory for the past few years and not one person has been harmed, I believe that speaks on their behalf. How is it fair we can visit their lands but they cannot step foot into our nation?" Rose challenged and I held back my smirk.

I may be King alongside her, but she was the Queen. She made the decisions and I was there to back her. "I agree. I myself have never been too fond with the vampires but since the past years of Dante and Lachlan's reign has started again, no one will dare to go against them and quite honestly, I think the vampires now know just how capable we are at stopping them and banning them once more if they ever dared to harm people of our nation again. Times are changing and we have to be there to change with it. This could be good for our nation." I added.

The church officials remained silent as they all glanced back and forth between each other.

"Do you have any procedures in place incase something were to happen?"

"Yes, and if you'd like we can send you all our paperwork we've gotten together and you can take your time to review them. I do ask, however, that you don't take forever. Many people have waited too long for this to happen." Rose all but snapped and my eyes widened slightly.

The church official's jaw clenched. "Rose, do remember that I am the one who crowned you." He spoke and she raised a brow.

"And do remember that I am your queen, regardless of how high you are in the church. I was being respectful by calling you officials down here and asking your opinions, but to be frank... this is happening rather you like it or not." I leaned forward in my chair, surprised by her comment and eagerly waited to see what the next one would be.

"You're acting as if you're higher than the church." He snapped.

"Well, I'm royal blooded and you're not. Guess that means something, does it not?" her eyes flashed red and gold and I couldn't help but let out a snicker as I leaned back in my chair.

"Something funny, Mathias?" The man gritted out.

"Your majesty," I corrected, a smirk upon my face. "And I do think this whole thing is funny. My wife just claimed herself head of the church and you don't know what to do about it... I'm just gonna go ahead and say that you may want to think your next remark wisely." I winked.