Chapter Twenty-Two|| Lycans

{Rosemarie's POV}

I woke up to Mathias running his fingers through my hair. I looked up and he smiled down at me. "Good morning, love."

"Morning." I smiled, snuggling in closer to him.

Memories of last night flooded my mind, causing my cheeks to flush. Nothing really happened, we just ended up laying down and falling asleep. Though, I did know one thing; Mathias was an amazing kisser.

"I know I am." he mused and my eyes snapped open.

"Stop peeking into my mind! Privacy!" I groaned, covering my face.

He belched out a laugh. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. You had this grin on your face and I was curious. I promise, no more peeking into your mind unless it's an emergency."

"Good."

"I do think we need to get out of bed though. I have a lot I need to do today. I have a meeting with your father. Something about taking the throne or whatnot."

"I know. I'm going to the War Pack today to see my brother and how he's holding up."

"That'll be good for you. He seems really happy, Rose. Maybe this is what he needed."

"I think so too. I'm glad you see it that way." He smiled, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Up you go," he stated, giving my hip a small squeeze.

I leaned back away from his chest and sighed, sitting up. "I'm still tired and it's eleven o'clock."

"Well, you were pretty handsy last night so it doesn't surp-"

"Stop!" I laughed, giving him a playful shove.

His laughter was like music to my ears. It was nice to seem him so calm and free and not so serious. I stood from the bed and walked to my closet to change. When I walked back out, Mathias was sitting on the edge of my bed waiting for me.

I grinned walking over to him as he opened his arms. I walked into them and he pulled me closer. "I will see you later, alright?"

"Sounds like a plan." I leaned down, placing a soft kiss on his lips and he groaned, pulling back.

"Just a simple kiss from you drives me insane." he rested his forehead against mine.

"Likewise." He kissed me one last time and I moved back so he could stand.

"I better get going. Text me when you make it to the War Pack." I nodded watching his figure leave my room.

I bit my lip trying to contain my smile. That man makes me so happy.

***

I shot Mathias a text that I had made it and walked into the main house my brother was staying in. It was Mathias' mansion of course and I knew my way around thankfully. I walked into the conference room seeing my brother looking over some papers.

He looked up seeing me and grinned, standing to his feet. He motioned me over and pulled me into his embrace. "I've missed you." I laughed.

"It hasn't been that long."

"I know, but this is the longest we've been apart for." he shot back.

"True, it is quiet without you constantly annoying me." I teased and he raised a brow.

"Are you sure it isn't the other way around?"

"Pretty positive."

Eligh chuckled, shaking his head and motioned for me to take a seat. "There is something I've been meaning to talk to you about." my brows furrowed as I sat down.