Chapter Thirty-Six|| Half way there

{Rosemarie's POV}

"Oh my god, I bit you. I literally just bit you! I didn't mean to...it just happened and I don't...well my wolf... I... don't know what I'm saying. I'm sorry." I rambled and Mathias belched out a laugh, wiping the side of his neck.

"You marked me." He laughed, humor in his eyes. "You didn't bite me... you marked me and it's fine, Rose." He replied, pulling me closer to him. "Your wolf side reacted to me marking you and you let her have control without realizing."

"The king can't have a mark, Mathias," I mumbled and he raised his hand, moving my hair that fell in front of my face.

"No, it's not possible for the king to be marked and I'm not the king...yet."

"Which means it will probably go away." I sighed, not liking the idea.

It's not fair.

"Maybe... maybe not." He looked me over and smiled. "How do you feel?"

"Getting marked wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but it did hurt at first but it turned to..." I trailed off awkwardly and he chuckled.

"You don't have to say it, I understand. I just felt the same." He winked.

"I'm really sorry, Mathias. I didn't mean to not ask for permission but the minute your bite turned into a feeling of bliss and I could feel the bond becoming even stronger, I didn't realize I let go of control and...I marked you."

"Rose, I'm not complaining, so stop apologizing." he pressed a kiss on my forehead and I sighed, resting my head on his chest.

"I'm embarrassed. I can't help it."

The minute I felt Mathias bite down, it was a terrible pain that lasted for a split second, and then it felt amazing. I could feel our bond strengthening and I closed my eyes, relishing in the feeling, and the next thing I knew... I was marking Mathias.

"You don't need to be. You did nothing wrong." he reminded.

I looked up at him only to find him smiling down at me. "You're so beautiful, but I'm glad I finally got my claim on you. Now all these males won't even dare to look at you." I playfully rolled my eyes at his comment.

"As if."

"You don't think that every unmated male sets their sights on you when we're around them? I see it all the time, Rose."

"Well, I never pay attention to them because my sights are set on you," I replied and he raised a brow.

"Aren't I supposed to say cheesy things like that?"

I groaned. "Can't you just take the compliment, Mathias?"

He chuckled at the thought. "We should probably head down for dinner."

"Yeah, probably."

My mother was going to have a ball with this I'm sure.

***

When we took our places at the dinner table with my parents, my heart skyrocketed. I felt as if I was about to get yelled at even though I wasn't. My mother was quick to narrow her eyes before she looked down at my neck.

"Would you look at that," She pointed out and I wanted to go run right back up to my room.

"What?" My father asked as he cut into his chicken.

"They're marked."

The clatter of the utensils my father was using was all you heard as he stared at my neck. "My Goddess..." he mumbled, shaking his head. "Did you have to point that out to me, Scarlett?"

"What?! This is a big step for them and looked she marked him too!" My father's head now snapped to Mathias who gulped nervously.

"Hmm... It will probably disappear when you become king, you know that right?"

"It might but it may just be the loophole to the curse of the king's mark." Mathias shrugged.

"Well, that's a great thing if it's true." My father smiled. "I'm happy for you two, although, I don't really like to think about you two...together...like that."

"Ugh, dad, stop!" I covered my face in embarrassment while Mathias just laughed.

Men.

"So are you two excited for your coronation?" My mother asked, changing the subject.

"Very." I smiled and Mathias grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze.

"I have to admit, I didn't know how I'd like this role since I was so used to being the alpha of war, but now I'm actually pretty happy to share something so significant with Rose." He admitted.

"How sweet," My mother cooed.

"Reminds me of when I met your mother." My dad mused, humor in his eyes.

"Yeah, tell me about that. I know the short version about her community service but I don't know the full story." I beamed with excitement and it was my mom's turn to feel embarrassed.

"Now I'm intrigued." Mathias grinned, looking at my mother.

"It's a long story you don't care to—" My father cut her off.

"I think it is actually a great story. I'll tell you."

"Great," Mother mumbled.

"As you know, she was at the war pack for community service for stealing bread."

"A chunk of bread." She corrected.

"Right... a chunk of bread." He snickered. "It was when the sectors were still a thing and she was hungry and did what she had to do, and I'm glad she did because it led her to me. Though she was one stubborn lady at the time and, well, she still is but that's beside the point." I smiled at the two as my father's eyes lit up as he told the story.

"She didn't really pay attention a lot to her surroundings and didn't notice that all community service members were eating in their rooms that night because I was there and Mason didn't want me to be bombarded by his pack members. I was coming down the steps after the meeting when I caught her scent and then I saw her. A beautiful brunette arguing with the person who was in charge of her at the time." He chuckled and my mother couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Then when she saw me and realized we were mates...she fainted." He mused and I belched out a laugh.

"Mom! You did not!"

"I did but could you blame me? I just saw the king in person and he was my mate...and a handsome one at that." She grinned up at him.

"The best part is when she woke up, she thought it was a dream." He added and my mom's cheeks heated.

"Once again, could you blame me?"

I smiled at the two as the continued to talk about it. They were so engrossed in the story, they didn't see me and Mathias look over at one another.

'I love you,' He spoke through our new mind link.

'I love you too, Mathias.'

_____________________

That chunk of bread... HAH

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

There is a new chapter on Radish :)

I'm gonna try to update the hellhounds next. 

Tbh, I'm drinking some Smirnoff while writing and Keylee may not be able to write a chapter if I don't get some water in me. 

LOL

Ignore me. 

Have a blessed week, guys!