Chapter Eighteen|| Mornings with Mathias

{Rosemarie's POV}

Waking up with strong arms wrapped around my waist wasn't something I was used to, but realizing it was Mathias after what had happened last night made me absolutely love it.

I have been awake for about twenty minutes just laying in his arms. I didn't want to move from his grasp. It was so new to me but completely and utterly amazing. I was in my mates arms.

Mathias, on the other hand, was in a deep sleep. He looked so peaceful and calm...it was odd seeing him not on edge or with his guard up twenty-four seven. Before I realized it, I was trailing my finger across his chest. He was sculpted by the Goddess indeed; perfect.

I jumped when his hand quickly caught mine and I looked up seeing him wide awake, his eyes with specks of red in them.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "I didn't mean to wake you."

He looked down and me and he relaxed some. "No, you're fine. I'm...just not used to waking up with someone. You caught me off guard." he replied, giving me a small smile.

"Same...I'm not used to this either, not to say I don't enjoy waking up next to you," I replied, smiling up at him.

He grinned. "Good, because it's something we're both going to have to get used to." he placed his hand on the side of my cheek and I leaned up to meet his lips in a soft kiss.

It was something that is so small but is starting to mean so much to me. He's showing affection towards me more and I was loving all of it.

"I have a question," he spoke, his hand making its way into my hair and I closed my eyes as he started to run his hand through it.

I loved when someone did that.

"Yes?"

"How would you feel about shifting into your lycan today? Me teaching you, I mean." the thought made me nervous.

"If it's something you want me to do I will do it," I replied.

"No, I want you to want to do it. Don't do something that makes you uncomfortable just for my sake."

"It just makes me nervous. I'm not used to all this lycan stuff and I wouldn't know what to do."

"That's while I'll be there to help you, babe."

I knew this was needed. I have to learn to embrace that new side of me, I was the one that wanted it after all.

"Okay."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I need to do this. It'll be for the best."

"I'm glad you understand." he placed a kiss on my forehead and threw the covers off us causing me to groan and snuggle up closer to him.

His laughter flooded the room. It was good to hear since I don't hear it much.

"We have to get up, Rose."

"Mathias." I groaned.

"Matthew." he corrected and I scrunched my nose up.

"Matthew?" I questioned.

I remembered when he first gave me my necklace at my party, he signed the note with Matthew.

"Yeah, I mean...I feel it's less formal. That name my parents gave me was one of a warrior and I don't want you to see me as some ruthless person. I want you to see me as your mate...a...just forget it." he mumbled, clearly not wanting to address the topic.

I rested my hand on his cheek causing him to look at me. "I don't see you as a ruthless being, Mathias. I see you as a man who does what is necessary and cares for those around him. I see you as a brave man who went through something no one else could imagine. You don't have to use another name fearing that the other would make me think less of you. Nothing would ever make me think that." he stared at me for a moment and slowly nodded.