Chapter Fourteen|| Practicing

{Rosemarie's POV}

"Chin up." Mother stated and I lifted my chin, staring straight ahead.

Today was another day to practice my look for being queen.

The chunk of metal on top of my head shined brightly in the light; a beautiful crown. The one I would take very soon after Mathias was introduced properly as the soon to be King.

"Mathias, you really have this down pat." my father chuckled and I looked over to Mathias who seemed bored by the whole thing.

"It's not about having to look good. It's about having a presence of demanding respect. It gets you places." Mathias spoke with a shrug.

Mathias stood next to me in his own soon to be crown and he looked like he had been trained for years to do this. I, on the other hand, felt out of place and uneasy. I was nervous to the point I was sick at my stomach.

Mathias glanced at me and looked back at my parents. "Could I have the room, please? I need to speak with Rose." my parents nodded, slightly confused, but nonetheless left the throne room.

"You need to stop worrying." he was quick to state.

I noticed around other people, he didn't really seem to have any emotion but around me, he was a completely different person.

"I can't help it. They already hate me."

"Who gives a damn? You're going to be queen rather they like it or not and quite frankly they can't do anything about it. So, lift your chin, put on a brave face, and show them who the hell Rosemarie Elizabeth Spur is."

The alpha side of him always put me on edge. It was already enough to be demanded around by my parents and I sure as hell didn't want it from him.

As if he noticed my uneasiness, he sighed and took my hands in his. "I'm sorry, I'm not meaning to go all alpha on you...it's something I have to work on but it drives me crazy seeing you not believing in yourself. You can do this. Stop telling yourself that you can't. All these people have put bad thoughts into your head and I don't like it one bit. You were chosen to do this for a reason, so just stop thinking so much and just do it."

"I was only chosen because my mother and father put a silly bet on as to who would be born first and whoever was would get the throne. I didn't want this and I still don't! You're right, I don't believe in myself because I cannot simply do it, Mathias. I hate this crown on my head, I hate this corset constricting my waist, and I hate these damn hells that hurt my feet twenty-four seven! I hate it all!" I nearly yelled, tears building up in my eyes.

He rested his hands on the sides of my face. "Take a deep breath. In and out," he stated and I did so, trying to calm down.

"You're eyes are trying to shift red. Just keep breathing. Slowly in and slowly out." he reminded.

I freaking hated how my emotions are so out of control with this new lycan side to me.

I shook my head. "I-I can't do this. Please don't make me do this."

"Look at me."

I remained looking down, not wanting him to see the tears in my eyes.

"Look. At. Me." My eyes quickly met his own and he clenched his jaw, trying to calm himself down.

I knew this was all new to him and he was trying to remain calm for my sake, but I just can't keep myself together at the moment.

"I'm not making you do anything. I pretty much just put my pack, my whole life, into your brother's hands so I could be here with you. I'm not letting you do this on your own. If you don't want this then don't do it and I will gladly take you back to my pack. Do you think I want to be standing here watching you cry? Watching you hate every moment of this? It kills me, Rose. I just believe in you and I know deep down you want this but you're too scared to admit it. You're too worried about pleasing everyone around you and the truth is, you'll never be able to do that. There is always going to be people who don't agree with you. It's simply life...but don't doubt yourself just because someone is trying to make you believe you're not capable of great things."

He wiped a stray tear from my cheek.

"I got so much hate when I took over for my father. Lycans we never even knew existed starting showing up after my birth and everyone hated us for bringing them out of their recluse state. My mother and father were labeled as Lycans and the whole world finally knew their secret. I am the leader of a group many don't appreciate, but I didn't let it get to me. I showed them that no matter my DNA makeup, I was still a damn good alpha. It is terrifying to take on a new role knowing you're getting so much hate without people even knowing the real you, but you have to push through it."

I slowly nodded. I knew he was right.

"Okay." I quickly said and wiped my tears giving him a firm nod.

"Chin up," he said and I lifted my chin.

"What's your name."

"Rosemarie Spur." he shook his head.

"Say it as you mean it."

"I am Rosemarie Spur," I stated more firmly.

"Nope, not gonna cut it."

I gritted my teeth.

"I am Rosemarie Spur."

"Weak."

"Mathias-"

"Who is gonna listen to that?"

"What are you-"

"Well, who the hell are you, Rose?!"

"I am your queen, Rosemarie Spur!" I almost yelled and slowly he grinned.

I didn't even realize the words had left my mouth before the already did.

"Now that is what I want to see more of."

He was taunting me.

"I see what you did there," I stated, rolling my eyes.

"But you meant that. It made you mad and you proved yourself to me. That is the real you, Rose. Now just let everyone else see that. You have to demand respect or they will walk all over you."

"Demand respect... got it," I mumbled.

"Now...are we going to do this or are you going to hand the title to your brother?"

I thought about it and Eligh's words drifted into my mind from when he talked to Alessio. How he said I didn't have the brains to be queen. How a rock could do a better job.

I shook my head.

Mathias was right...I can do this.

I looked Mathias straight in the eyes. "Let's do this."

He grinned. "What are you going to do first as Queen?"

"Get rid of these damn corsets," I grumbled, picking up my dress and walking down the steps towards the doors of the throne room.

I will prove them wrong.

And with Mathias by my side...no one will stand a chance against us.
______________________
And thus the plot thickens.

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

Sorry I've been inactive, I started college again:(