Chapter Twenty|| Meetings with Emmet

{Rosemarie's POV}

"Your coronation is next week. In order for everything to go well, we need to be practicing as much as possible." My father stated.

"About that...can we start tomorrow? I have to go to Alpha Emmet's pack. He needs to discuss something about his territory lines."

My father looked surprised a bit. "He never mentioned this to me?"

"Well, maybe it's because I am about to be queen?"

"Yeah...maybe. Uh, yeah that's fine we can start tomorrow."

I didn't know whether or not my father was okay with giving up his title. I know he worked hard as a king and was a great one at that, but he knew it was time for a change and that comes with passing down his title.

"Well, it's quite a drive so I will be heading out soon."

"Is Mathias coming with you?"

"Um, no. I haven't exactly told him about it."

"And why not?"

"Well, with our past and everything. I don't think Mathias really likes him."

"I would have to agree but you're going to create something nasty if he finds out you went to see Emmet and didn't tell him."

"I know...but he left this morning to go to the War pack to assist Eligh with some things so he won't even know I'm gone. He won't be back until tomorrow."

"You know he can peak into your mind, right? You do remember that?"

Crap.

"It's just a formal meeting. He knows that Emmet and the rest of the world know that he's my mate. Emmet isn't that stupid to try anything knowing that I have a mate and I sure won't."

"Whatever, Rose. It's your call."

"Well, I have to go," I mumbled.

When I walked towards the main entrance doors, my driver stood there waiting for me. I gave him a small smile and followed him outside. My stomach turned at the thought of Mathias getting angry with me for not telling him.

Once I was in the car, I pulled out to call him.

Though, it went to voicemail.

I shot him a text to call me when he could.

I watched as the scenery passed on the way to Emmet's pack. My mind drifted to how I'll be queen next week. It was a scary thought but the closer it got, the more confident I felt. I didn't know if it was because Mathias was by my side or if it was because I had truly changed either way, I was ready.

Queen Rosemarie.

I was starting to like the sound of that.

***

The minute we pulled up in front of Alpha Emmet's house, my nerves were getting the best of me. Mathias had yet to call me back. Though, if we're being honest, I did try to call him first. That has to count for something.

My car door was opened and I gave my driver a smile before walking up to the house. The door was immediately opened before I could even knock. A maid gave me a bow and I acknowledged it with a deep nod of respect.

"Right this way, your majesty."

I followed her through the huge house and upstairs until we stopped in front of a door. "He is waiting for you."

"Thank you."

I placed my hand on the knob and my heartbeat quickened and I mentally cursed myself. If Mathias thinks something is up, he will peak into my mind and I do not need that right now.