Chapter Thirty-Eight|| Royal Ceremony

{Rosemarie's POV}

Mathias' hand quickly rose, touching the base of his neck. "It really did work..." He mumbled as my parents stared at it in shock.

"You weren't a king... and she marked you as an alpha. That's the loophole. You do it before you're the king." My father mumbled, looking down at my mother who gave him a small smile.

"Well you're not the king now," She smirked and I awkwardly looked away from the two.

Mathias' smile was to die for as he walked up to me, pulling me into his arms. "You look beautiful, love. I haven't got a chance to tell you today."

"Thank you, Mathias. You look very... royal." I winked and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, well, don't get used to seeing me like this unless it's some national broadcast. This robe is smothering me." He complained causing me and my parents to chuckle.

"Come on, we have guests arriving soon for the ball to celebrate!" My mother announced and we quickly followed after her and my father to the ballroom.

Everything was perfectly set up and look beautiful. I walked around in awe knowing that I'm not the queen and this is all mine.

"How excited are you on a scale of one to ten?!" AJ's voice boomed beside Mathias and me, causing us to jump from her sudden appearance.

"An eleven." I winked and she giggled but her eyes widened slightly as she suddenly gave a small bow of respect.

"I almost forgot," She mumbled.

"Amber Jo, you don't have to have to do that." I laughed.

"You two are the new king and queen, I have to."

"No, you don't. You're literally Rose's family." Mathias mused.

"If you say so, but I still will treat you as my king and queen."

"I would expect nothing less." Mathias smiled, his arm resting on the small of my back. "Rose, would you like something to drink?"

"Yes, please." I smiled and he nodded, walking off to the drink table.

"You are one lucky girl," AJ spoke as we watched his retreating figure.

"Don't I know." I mused.

"You know... you two are technically married now."

"Yes?"

"And we all know what happens after marriage," She winked causing my cheeks to warm as I quickly looked around to see if anyone was listening to us.

"Shh! I don't want my parents hearing any of this."

She chuckled, shaking her head. "You know it's going to happen. Are you scared?"

"Not really, I trust Mathias, but I don't necessarily like talking about this around a room full of people," I mumbled and she shrugged.

"Well, everyone will know once y'all mate anyways. Your scent will be different."

"What will be different?" Mathias asked, appearing next to us as he handed me my drink.

I brought the glass to my lips taking a drink only to nearly choke when AJ bluntly spoke. "Rose's scent when you two mate." I was coughing profusely at the moment to which Mathias chuckled, patting my back.

"You okay, love?" He teased.

"Fine," I croaked out.

"Well, I'll leave y'all two to it." AJ winked, walking off into the crowd of people.