Chapter Eleven|| Will it work?

{Rosemarie's POV}

"You are delusional!" Mathias yelled rushing into the room.

I looked down feeling uneasy. I knew he was mad, but we had no other option.

"Mathias..." my mother started but he held up his hand, stopping her but not looking at her.

He stared furiously at me. "Do you have any idea what you're trying to pull?"

"Obviously or I wouldn't be standing here!"

"You're going to get yourself killed, Rose!"

"Alara said-"

"I don't care what she said!"

"Rude..." Alara mumbled under her breath.

It was all the same after the phone call we had. He ended the call, hanging up on me abruptly. He called today to discuss our rejection when I brought up that I still wanted to try this. It started yet another argument and once again he hung up.

Now, he was here in the flesh...just even more pissed.

"You're running out of time." he snarled.

"Exactly! So just let me do this!"

"Rose I don't-"

"Don't what?!"

"I don't think it's a good idea!"

"So you've said. Fine! Set aside the risk as if they didn't exist for one minute and listen, if you don't want to be with me then just say it, Mathias! If you don't want a shot with your true mate, just freaking say it! I'll reject you right here and now and you can walk out of this house and never look back. I won't bother you, and I won't talk to you unless it deals with pack related stuff. I'll move on, find a choice mate, and try my shot at happiness again! Just say it!"

He went silent. It looked as if my words whiplashed him.

"Dammit, Rose! Of course, I want to be with you," he growled out, shaking his head.

His eyes drifted to Alara. "How much time do we have?" he asked, pulling the jacket of his suit off and my heart sped up.

"Not much. She needs to be under in twenty minutes exactly, not a second longer."

He tossed his jacket to the side and ran a hand over his face taking in a deep breath and slowly nodded. "Okay, fine...let's do it."

I let out a breath of relief and my mother visibly paled. "Oh Goddess, this is really happening. Let me go get your father," she mumbled, speeding off in search of him.

"Rosemarie, come to lay on this table," Alara instructed.

I walked over and slowly got up on it. I glanced at Mathias who seemed to be regretting letting those words ever leave his mouth.

Alara's hands raised and a second later it was as if I was bolted down to the table. "What the hell?" I mumbled, struggling but could barely move.

"Just precaution."

She started sprinkling some herb around me and I looked back at Mathias. "Goddess, Rose..."

"You said yes." I reminded and he sighed turning away angrily and let out a low growl, trying to calm down.

"You don't know what you're about to do to yourself."

"I do..." I gave him a soft smile and looked up at the ceiling.

"Rose." my father's voice boomed.

"Stop this. I already told your mother I didn't like the idea of this!" he yelled and looked at Mathias. "You're letting her do this?!"