Chapter Nineteen|| Lycan Shifting

{Rosemarie's POV}

"You just have to relax, Rose."

"Mathias, I have been relaxing for the past ten minutes! It's not working! Nikobe doesn't want to shift." I growled out.

"You have to channel her. You can't just think you want to shift into your lycan. Your wolf side blocks your want to shift into your lycan form, so that is why you need to call out to Nikobe. She only becomes aware of what's happening when you're in distress or you call out to her."

"Can't you just mumble some Greek words or something?"

"That will not help you learn, Rosemarie."

"Geez, okay okay." I sighed, taking a deep breath, and closed my eyes.

I felt myself calling out for Nikobe and suddenly I felt her presence. It was if she was now looking through my eyes at our surroundings.

'You called?'

'I need you to shift. Mathias wants me to practice shifting.' She let out a humorless laugh.

'I will not shift for him.'

'But you have to...I mean I am asking you to.'

'Rose, if I shift I don't know how my lycan form will act around him. Surely you know that two lycans cannot stand to be in the same room as each other, right?'

'But he's a full lycan. He can control himself, plus, I don't think he will shift into his lycan around us just yet.'

She was silent for a moment and soon I felt the cracking of my bones. Seconds later, I was looking through the eyes of Nikobe. Everything was crystal clear, smells more prominent, and I could hear the rustling of animals in the forest from miles away.

What shocked me was when she set her eyes on Mathias and he lifted his head high and it was as if they were communicating. She dropped to one knee, bowing to him.

"You may stand, Nikobe, you are my equal after all."

She listened to him and stood back up.

She was calm...content even. It was so different then what I actually expected. I heard so many bad stories. Then again, Mathais wasn't in Lycan form. Though, maybe when he is it won't be any different.

He is her alpha.

He's the alpha of all lycans.

He walked up closer to her and I felt her tense up on guard. He looked up and smiled. "You did well, now, please give Rose control back."

She listened to the command and I was thrust back into control right as she started shifting back.

I quickly shielded myself to the best of my abilities and Mathias let out a small chuckle, shrugging off his jacket and handed it to me. I wrapped it around myself quickly and zipped it up. Luckily, it came to my knees.

"I didn't think that part out," I mumbled.

"Me either."

"Well, I did it."

"You did, I'm proud. See? It wasn't that bad."

"No...but Nikobe is stubborn." he chuckled.

"Most lycans are. At least she listened to you eventually."

"She was just...scared in a way. She said she didn't know how her lycan would act around you. She feared you would shift as well."

"It won't be a problem. She sees me as her alpha now, so when I do shift it should be an easy compromise."