Chapter Thirty-Three|| The Fight

{Rosemaire's POV}

I attached the chains to their collars and grinned.

"We can do this, I know we can," I stated and they snarled, licking their teeth greedily.

They were ready for a fight.

"I'll remember what y'all taught me. Well, Nikobe will since she's the one that can channel yall. Just listen and wait for my commands."

I heard a bell ring and I froze.

"We have two bells to make it to the field, now hurry!" I yelled and gave control to Nikobe.

She shifted, letting out a roar.

Step by step, the only sound was the chains smacking together and the loud steps of the hounds. We made our way to the gate to the arena after the second bell rang and Nikobe snarled, raising her fist and slammed it down on the button that opened the gate.

Alarms broke out, signaling the hounds were being released and I wanted to smirk. Natasha was about to get her ass handed to her.

When the gate fully rose, the hounds looked back at me.

"Enter," I commanded and they started moving forward.

One paw stepped out into the light and the crowd went silent.

When we emerged, I saw the fear in Natasha's eyes, which only fueled Nikobe's hunger to kill. She gripped the chains holding the hounds in place tighter and as if they knew what she was about to do, they let out a roar matching her own. It shook the area around us and after Nikobe looked to where Mathias sat grinning.

'Remember what they taught us.' I reminded Nikobe.

'Don't worry, I do. It's an exciting trick.' She mused.

'Circle,' Nikobe commanded them, releasing their chains and they snarled, taking off into the area and started to circle the two of us.

'You think you're so smart? What a weakling you are, using hounds to fight your own battle.' Natasha growled as we reached her.

'I call it... improvising. Now it's a fair fight.' Nikobe chuckled.

'Those hounds won't do you any good. I don't know if you realized or not, but they cannot harm me in lycan form.'

'Oh, I'm aware.' Before Natasha could reply, Nikobe threw a punch so hard, Natasha went flying backward. 'But I can.' The crowd went wild.

She was up in a flash, charging towards us and lashed out, clawing Nikobe's arm. Nikobe didn't even flinch as she went back in for another hit. Hit after hit, Nikobe wasn't letting up.

Her anger just kept making her stronger. Though, Natasha caught Nikobe's next hit and grabbed her arm throwing us many feet away. We smacked the ground with a thud and Nikobe let out a small groan as she felt something crack.

'Cracked a rib, don't fret, Rose.' She replied before I started to worry.

Nikobe rolled on her side to get up as Natasha advanced towards up and grabbed us up by the neck. It was as if our body went paralyzed when we felt something whip against the side of us.

'The lycan chain of sin... hurts like a bitch.' Nikobe explained.

'Do something before she kills us!'

'I'm getting to that.' she mumbled, and with all the force she could muster up, she brought her knee up and slammed it into Natasha's stomach.

Natasha let go, grabbing her stomach in pain.

'Bitch,' Nikobe mumbled, looking at her bleeding side.

Natasha stood back to her feet and started swinging the chain.

'Oh, you wanna play with chains, now? Fine by me. HOUNDS!' Nikobe called out and the hounds came rushing to her side but right as the lycan chain of sin whipped out to lash us again, Devin jumped up and latched onto the chain with his mouth and I watched at the chain of sin went up in flames and vanished.

Nikobe let out a humorless laugh. 'You have no toys to play with now...but I do.' She grabbed the hound's chains and remembered what they told us and when she channeled them, the hounds caught fire and so did we.

Natasha's eyes widened and she stumbled back in fear. Nikobe released their chains and marched towards her. People stared amazed at the fact fire swarmed us but wasn't doing a bit of damage.

'Fun fact about channeling hounds, I now possess their powers and guess what, Natasha. You're unworthy.' Nikobe snarled, snatching her up by her throat.

Natasha roared in pain at the fire burning her skin and right as she looked down into our eyes, she went into a trance. She was seeing all the horrible sins she committed, including trying to kill me.

And right when she back came to reality, Nikobe's arm drove into her chest, grabbed her heart, and ripped it right back out. Everyone watched in shock as Anna jumped up, knocking her lifeless body out of my grasp and with the power of the hellhound's fire you could see her soul leave her body.

One hound raised a large paw, slamming it on the ground and it began to rumble. I then realized this hound was hellfire, the hound who dragged souls to hell, as the ground cracked open and I watched amazed as her soul shot down the cracks as the earth opened up.

Hellfire remained perfectly still, not moving a muscle.

'What is he doing?' I asked Anna.

'In hound form, he cannot go to hell physically, so his soul drags the other soul there. He will return in a minute.' She explained and sure enough a minute later, his hound form moved finally and he slammed his paw again causing the ground to close back up.

I let out a breath of relief.

'Shall, we?' I asked the hounds and Nikobe grinned, raising her head back and at the same time, they let out a roar of victory.

Everyone cheered in response and Nikobe looked down at the hounds.

'You stayed true to your part of the deal, so it is only fair we stay true to ours. Let us get Rose some clothes and we will change you all back.'

But Mathias was already on that as he rushed out onto the field holding a shirt and some leggings.

"I am so proud of you guys, I don't know how on earth you got the hounds to obey you, but I praise you for it. Nikobe, I'll admit, I was worried but your plan came through."

Nikobe snorted, which came out more like a huff, as she took the clothes from his grasp and shifted back. Mathias and the hounds shielded me as I quickly changed and I sighed.

"It's a long story, Mathias, but I have to do something. Give me a minute." I turned towards the hounds and grinned.

"Y'all ready?" they let out howls of excitement practically doing a happy dance and I laughed raising my hand and snapped.

Before our eyes, I watched as they started shifting back to their human forms and smiled with joy.

"Oh yeah, they're gonna need some clothes," I told Mathias who stared at the transformation with a jaw dropped.

In the hounds' place stood three beautiful men and one beautiful woman.

"Thank god, I talk again." One man mused.

________________________

OH SNAP

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

The hellhounds have their own book called "The Hellhounds" on my wattpad page, go check it out!