Chapter Six|| The Box

{Rosemaire's POV}

I sat on my bed staring at the box in confusion. The ball was more than over and I resided in the confinements of my room eager to see what Mathias had given me.

"What do you think it is?" Amber asked.

Oh, and Amber was here.

"I don't know."

"Well, stop looking at it like it's going to eat you."

"Geez, okay," I mumbled, picking the box up.

I looked up seeing Amber staring curiously waiting for me to open it.

I slowly did so and gasped when I looked inside. It was a beautiful necklace. I pulled it out of the box and Amber's eye lit up.

"Shut up! He did not get you that! You are pulling my leg!"

"No, I'm not! I swear."

"There's a note!" she pointed out and sure enough when I looked down a note laid folded up.

"Rosemarie, this is agate stone. It signifies strength and courage. It also tones the mind and body. It always helped me form a clear, strong mind growing up. I hope it does the same for you. You're gonna be a great queen, Matthew." I read.

"O M G! He totally has the hots for you!"

"Shut up no he doesn't. He's just being a friend." I replied, staring amazed at the beautiful necklace.

"So he calls himself Matthew? Why not Mathias?"

I shrugged, not really paying attention as I looked the necklace over for the hundredth time.

"OW!" I shrieked when I felt a smack on my arm.

"Are you listening to me?" she pouted.

"No," I admitted.

"Matthew?" she question and I sighed, placing the necklace back in the box.

"I don't know. Maybe Mathias just wears on him. I mean everyone bashed his name for years, I can relate." she rolled her eyes at my side comment.

"He still came tonight, for you, Rose. I haven't seen that man in person in my whole life and then all of a sudden he shows up to give you a box? What's his motive?"

"Uh, I don't know...to be a friend?"

"False. He likes you."

"Would you stop saying that?"

"No it's true I'm just-" she stopped talking when my door opened.

"I thought I heard the familiar squeal of Amber's voice." Alpha Alessio spoke and I scoffed.

"You can't just walk into my room you baboon."

"Just did." he smiled, waltzing in with my brother and Alpha Emmet close behind.

"We were coming to ask if Y'all wanted to go do something? We pretty much stuck here with nothing to do." Eligh asked.

"Do something like what?" Amber asked, leaning forward as it piqued her interest.

"Anything," Alessio stated, his eyes drifting to meet mine as he cocked an eyebrow.

"Little miss priss here might not want to though." I scoffed again.

"Knock it off," Emmet spoke, nudging him.

"Actually I would love to." I challenged and amusement filled his eyes.

"Well, let's go then."

It was a good thing I had stripped out of my dress and already changed, same goes for Amber since she is staying in the palace tonight because her pack is farther away.