Chapter 2

“today we have a new transfer student from Kyoto again”, the teacher said with a bright smile on his face.

“again??”

“from Kyoto??”

“silence now”, the teacher banged the desk before turning to you and ushering you to come in and introduce yourself. You walk in with a soft smile, as your long (h/c) hair swayed behind you, you bow your body 90º and smiled again, “hello there, My name is Yamazakura (name), pleased to meet you”.

“pretty....”.

“wow”.

“I didn't know Kyoto girls are THAT pretty”.

You could only sweatdropped at the compliments before looking at the teacher, “where should I take my seat sensei?”, you smiled. He hummed before looking around, “there's an empty seat at the back, just next to Keikain-san”.

Hearing the name Keikain, your ears perked up and you quickly scanned the place and quickly saw her. You smiled even brightly and walked over to her before encasing her in a hug.

“(name)-chan”, she smiled softly.

“I missed youuuuu, while you were gone, your brother tortured me.... not physically but of course mentally”, you pulled away with a smile before taking a seat next to her, “I bet your brother misses you”.

She rolled her eyes, “that's what you say, but my brother is actually head over heels for you”.

The two of you didn't realize that the whole classroom had their attention on both of you, while you talk, that was until the teacher said, “talk later, we will now continue with taking attendance”.

☺♫☺♫☺♫☺♫☺♫☺♫

“Hai! Yamazakura-kun! Please join our squad!!”, Kiyotsugu piped up with a huge grin, “we need a beautiful girl in the squad”. You tilt your head to one side, “what squad are you talking about?”.

“we are the Kiyojuji Paranormal Investigation Squad! We are here to investigate the well-being of yokais! And the existence of it”, he beamed loudly.

You giggled, “but yokais do exist, so why are you guys searching for one?”.

“just leave him be, (name)-chan, he's not worth your time”, Saori placed an arm around your neck while dragging you away from the loud guy, “so you've seen a yokai before that's awesome”.

Kana nodded her head, “how does a yokai looks like (name)-chan?”, she asked. You smiled, “they're friendly”.

And this perks the ear of a certain half-yokai boy.

“but...they're mean and eat children”, she said in a cowardly tone which made the (h/c)-girl giggled. “well not all yokai does that but.... I know of this clan that helps humans”.

“(name)-chan... you're going on about this thing again? I don't believe your story... all yokais are bad”, Yura interrupted your words with a stern look on her face. You let out your melodious laughter again, yet again catching all the boys' attention that were present there, “I'm gonna have to use your words, 'that's what you said' but in my point of view they are all friendly”.

She hmmped, “I'm quite sure because you emanate this sweet smell, that's why yokai likes you”.

“then that would be even better!! Yamazakura-kun I beg you please join our pitiful squad”, Kiyotsugu plead again, making you look at him with a wondering look before sighing, not realizing that a certain brunette male was enjoying the scent you were giving off.

“fine then, but I'll always be busy during weekend”, you smiled.

This perk all of their interest.

“why would you be busy during weekend?”.

~~~~~

“wow!! you live in a shrine?!?!?! how cool is that!??”, Kiyotsugu looked around the place with his blonde friend Shima. “why do you live in a shrine (name)-chan?”, Kana asked as her face turned into confusion, the other two girls also looked around except for Yura whom already knew.

One of her Keikain family were told to guard your shrine, which was her brother, Ryuji Keikain.

“this is like my second home, since my main house is actually in Kyoto... “, you simply answered, then you turned to the yokai-boy with a smile, “if you have any problem, just come over okay?”. The brunette's eyes widened in bewilderment, 'wait, how does she know I'm a yokai? Wait.... or is she talking in general?'.

“(name)? You're back?”, your familiar walked out of the shrine, only to be greeted by stares.

“you came with your new friends”, he continued with a knowing look.

You waved it off before skipping to him and lightly pinching his cheek, “don't be so mean Tsubaki-kun”. “you already have a boyfriend Yamazakura-san?”, the poor blue-eyed boy named Shima frowned with clearly a broken heart. Shaking your head, as your hair lightly bounced, “he's not my boyfriend, I don't have one anyway, Tsubaki-kun is like my caretaker, he takes care of this place and he also takes care of me”, you smiled in the end.

The three other boys sighed in relief.

“hmm..”, Yura squinted her eye at Tsubaki before shifting her gaze at you and whispering to you, “a yokai again?”. Nodding with a smile again, you replied, “of course!”. “seriously (name)-chan, my brother hates it when you keep on keeping a yokai as a guardian”, she whispered-yelled at you.

You could only shrugged your shoulder with a soft smile playing on your lips.