Chapter 9

The next afternoon, a lot of stalls surrounded the place right down your shrine, different types of food stalls were around and it's making you excited as you walk around. "I can't wait for later!", you grinned, "hello there~", you greeted one of the workers that was preparing stuff for his takoyaki. "hello there dear lady. It would be a real treat if you come and buy this takoyaki later", he invited.

"I will, sir".

"(name)-sama, when are you going to prepare?", Tsuoki followed you from behind, with a small annoyed look, "I hate seeing these humans ogling their eyes on you", he muttered the last part, making you jab his side. "don't be so mean, they're not ogling their eyes, they're working.... And what do you mean by preparing?", you finally look up at him.

He scratched the back of his head, "I knew you forgot it, shouldn't you be wearing your yukata by now, and fix your hair?". Staring at him with a blank face, you decide to ignore him and walk away.

"(name)-sama...", he sweatdropped, before he lightly grabbed your arm and swiftly turn you around to face him, as he unintentionally pulled you closer to him. The distance was so close that you could feel his breath fanning your face, "(name)-sa....ma", his face quickly turned bright red and disappeared on the spot, while you were a bit dumbfounded at his behavior.

"what's up with him? I could've tripped because of him", you pursed your lips while lightly stepping on the pebble.

"yo".

Another familiar voice reached your ears.

"Ryuji-kun?", you smiled brightly, "where did you stayed yesterday? I didn't see you at all after I left the shrine early in the morning".

He scoffed, "it was an 'honor' for you to leave me in that place where yokai reeks", he made a face of disgust which made you giggle because he looks funny. "walk with me Ryuji-kun", you smiled at him sweetly.

He just stared at your sweet smile for a tad longer before eventually stood next to you to walk with you. "hey, I'm serious, where did you stayed last night?", you tilt your head up to look at him with a small smile. "you won't believe me even if I said it".

"try me", you grinned.

He stared again, before clearing his throat, "on a tree".

"what..?", your eyes widened for a fraction after hearing it, "don't lie".

"see? You won't believe me".

"I didn't say I didn't believe you... I only said, 'Don't lie'....".

"that's basically the same thing (name)".

"Ryuji-kun, I'm being serious here, don't joke around, it's not comfortable staying up in the tree".

He stared again before ruffling your hair, messing it drastically, "you got me, I was joking..... I actually stayed in a nearby motel", he ushered his head to the direction of the motel he was staying but you couldn't see properly since he messed up your hair.

"now that I remember... shouldn't you be getting ready for the festival?", he raised one of his eyebrows before running his fingers through his dark locks in a sexy manner, which of course you didn't realize. You jerked your bottom lip outward while fiddling your fingers, "it's still too early".

He facepalmed, "you're a girl, you should start early", he lightly pushed you back to the stairs to your shrine, "now go". You didn't utter a single word as you avoided his eyes, not even moving an inch as your stubbornness arose.

"(name)".

You didn't answer.

He sighed, "you leave me no choice, (name)", right after he said that, he picked you up in his arms as he strode up the stairs as you struggled. "hei let me go!", you pouted while hitting his chest, "I can walk". "no, you're gonna run away again and I'm not letting you, doll up for once, you look ugly".

A small tick mark was at the side of your face before you start pinching his ears making him yell.

"stupid-Ryuji", you chanted while pulling and pinching his ears all along as he carried you up to your shrine. As he finally arrived, he gently put you down and ruffled your hair even more, "we're here already, now go", he said as he coolly walked away from an annoyed you, with his back facing you. He smiled at the end, "funny girl".

You pouted as you turned to the twins who were looking at you, one with a smile, another with a small frown. "let's get you dress then, m'lady", Tsubaki lightly held your back so you won't escape from him.

"I won't run away Tsubaki-kun", you huffed an annoyed puff. He chuckled, "(name)-sama being stubborn and possibly angry is cute, but you shouldn't do that, it's hard to make you do something that way". "fineee...let's get this over with".

He brought you to your room where he already prepared 3 yukata with different design, but one yukata caught your eye, it has a beautiful smooth colour with flower in different colors, it was simple but pretty.

"can I wear this one, Tsubaki-kun?", you pointed to the yukata you chose.

He smiled, "of course m'lady, whatever you wish".

[Miru's note:~ I'm sorry that this chapter is....much more like a filler where there are less Rikuo-interaction]