Chapter 5

At night, you walked around Ukiyoe town with Tsuoki following you from behind, watching every step you take, inhaling every scent you emanate from behind. And you landed yourself at the grand door of Nura clan’s household. Tsuoki was more than bewildered as he realize what you got yourself into.

He held your arm, stopping you from going in, “wait, don't go in there (name)-sama”. “why not?”, you frowned, “let me be Tsuoki-kun~”, you pouted up at him while tugging his hand so he could let you go.

“could it be… you are young master’s friend?”, a tall male with a big hat on his head greeted you, his eyes were striking blue and his hair was long black and straight, he looks like a monk. You smiled brightly at him before nodding, “why yes, who might you be? I'm (name) Yamazakura, and please call me (name)”, you took out your hand and he returned the gesture before replying, “nice to meet you (name)-san, I am Kurotabou”.

As you take your hand back, he looked at his own hand and could even smell your sweet scent from there, his eyes widened slightly.

“Mind if we come in?”, you smiled again, “oh and this is my familiar, Tsuoki the twin kitsune”, you pulled his kitsune ears so he could be friendly, which doesn't seem to work.

He rolled his eyes and looked away, “Tsuoki”.

“well then, please come in, young master is waiting”, the other ravenette replied with his charming smile. You skipped and greeted the other yokais with a bright smile. Then you spotted nattou-kozzou running with his small fellow friends. “cute”.

While you were smiling at the yokais, the kitsune male behind you were glaring daggers at every yokai in sight, scaring the hell out of them.

Then you actually met a human, a pure human in the household. She has brown shoulder-length hair and was very beautiful.

“oh my? You must be Rikuo’s friend, you are very beautiful, I’m glad to know that Rikuo has a beautiful friend just like you, I heard Rikuo mention about you, your name must me (name)-chan, right?”.

And that my friend, was the moment you realize that she could not stop talking, but it doesn't really bother that much. “oh, goodness me, you can call me Wakana-san or just oka-san”, she giggled before holding your arm gently as she led you the way, while Tsuoki was still hot on your tails, and still glaring at any yokai in sight.

“I could smell you from my room (name)-chan”, another voice intervened you three, making Wakana stopped her step and chuckling, “have fun Rikuo~ I like this girl”, she said before waving her hand off with a knowing look.

He then spotted the annoyed looking kitsune behind you, before he smirked and hold your hand before disappearing along with you making Tsuoki shocked.

Rikuo brought you to a beach with a smirk on his face.

“glad you could be here today”, he smirked. You stared up at him before shaking your head in disbelief, “Tsuoki-kun would be angry”.

“I don't really care fufu~”, he held your arm gently, “have a walk with me”. You obliged without a word of resistance, you had this feeling of secure every time you were with him, “Rikuo-kun”, you called as you walk side-by-side with him near the salt water.

“are you going to ask me weird question again?”, he cocked an eyebrow at you with a knowing look on his handsome face. You pressed your lips together before looking away and stifling your cute laughter, “um… no”.

“heh, then try me”.

“okay, so I was actually wondering how jiji has a long head… if you grow old in this yokai form, would you look like that?”.

He chuckled before staring at you with his hot yet gentle smile, “I’m not sure myself”.

“alright then….. second question, why don't you act like you in your human form?”, you frowned a bit at that thought. He raise an eyebrow at your second question, “nature, perhaps”. You frowned even more after hearing his answer, “that doesn’t really answer me”.

“let’s not talk about me, I want to know about you”, he smirked at you as he took of his blue cape and place it on your shoulder.

“thank you”, you could feel it’s warmth on your body, “what do you want to know about me Rikuo-kun?”. “why did you decide to stay at Tokyo?”, he asked, still staring at you.

Pressing your lips together, you shrugged your shoulder, “otou-san said to visit Tokyo and create a small shrine here”.

He cocked an eyebrow at that, “then what about your shrine in Kyoto, who’s taking care of it?”.

You pursed your lip and shrugged your shoulder again, making the said cape on your shoulder fall from your shoulder, “o-“, you grabbed it and put it back on your shoulder before looking up at him, “would you believe me if I said I can summon clones?”.

“clones? But aren't you just a human?”, he decides to help you put his cape properly on your shoulder properly. You smiled sweetly, “yes, I’m a human”.

Seeing you smile so sweetly made him smile and he doesn't even realized it, “well then, I guess I shall say that I don't believe that you can summon clones”.

You giggled while covering your smile with your small hand, “baka, then how do I summon both Tsubaki and Tsuoki? It’s just the same as summoning a clone”. “cute”, he muttered under his breath but you couldn't capture what he was saying.

Realizing what he just said, he cleared his throat and looked away, “so how is it going with collecting your so called ‘light’?”. Blinking your eyes for a while, you slowly tilted your head in utter confusion, “I haven't….. really…. continue, but hey tomorrow do you wanna help me with groceries shopping? Cu’z Tsubaki-kun kept on asking me to buy some or I will starve to death”, you smiled up at him.

He couldn't help but laugh at your straightforwardness, “Sure (name)-chan, but is your familiar coming with you?”. “I don't know… but I’m sure both of them will be busy with preparing the shrine, cu’z it’s already weekend”, you slipped your arms in his long blue cape and cuddle with it since it was getting colder as the night went on and as the breeze swept by.

He stared at you before patting your head, “we should head back, I get that you’re freezing”, he held your arm ever so gently with a gentle smile plastered on his face. You nodded while returning the same gesture to him.