Chapter 13

Tsuoki glared at the old man as he lightly gripped your hand that he was holding. Why so sudden, you might ask? Here's what happened.

#FLASHBACK#

"Oh! Professor Adashibara!", Kiyotsugu beamed as he shook his hand with the said old man. "I'm sorry I was late, I got caught up on something and I-", right before the professor ended his words, Tsuoki came in a flash and gripped the professor's neck, "I don't give a shit about what you're going to do, you're not even a freakin' human!!", he growled.

"Tsuoki-kun/-san!!", they all yelled which include yourself.

"oh d-dear, help me... please", the old man plead.

You rushed to Tsuoki and grabbed his arm, "Tsuoki-kun, what are you doing??? Let him go".

Tsuoki harshly swatted his arm to you so you could let him go instead, without him realizing it was you since he was so preoccupied with the old man. "ouch...", you winced as you fall on your butt, and that's when he noticed that he was blinded by the enemy to not realize that he had hurt you instead.

"(n-name)-sama...", he let the old man go, which made both Kiyotsugu and Shima helped the poor old man up.

"(name)-chan are you okay??", both Yura and Rikuo rushed to your side as you rubbed your butt. "I'm okay", you smiled at the two, before turning to look at Tsuoki who was more than guilty to have done that to you.

"I'm really sorry (name)-sama", he was kneeling on the ground and was about to bow his head to the ground, so you stopped him. "Tsuoki-kun", you held his shoulder so he didn't have to bow, "you don't have to worry, I'm not angry... well maybe just a little because you didn't listen to me, but hey.... Tsuoki-kun", you smiled as you pat his head gently, "I'll be the judge of that", you whispered those last few words, "he has zero  aura if you ask me, but let's just wait", you whispered again.

He got up to his feet and nodded.

"but for now, I'm going to hold you down, so you won't attack him, okay?", you smiled up at him before holding his hand. At first he was a blushing mess, but sooner he overcame it and felt superiority, despite noticing a few jealous eyes watching.

#END.OF.FLASHBACK#

"(name)-sama", he growled in a small voice so only you could hear him. You hummed in response. "please let me kill and track him after he's done his 'job'", he muttered. You cocked an eyebrow while looking up at him, "alright then, but if he's a real human who is used, do not kill him....and stay safe okay Tsuoki-kun? I'll be with Yura-chan while you're at it", you smiled.

He nodded his head, "thank you (name)-sama for giving me a chance". You giggled, "no worries Tsuoki-kun, but for now, calm down alright?".

Rikuo kept on stealing glances of you two, feeling uneasy about what Tsuoki said moments ago, and also the fact that Tsuoki was holding your hand, made him felt a tint of jealousy.

It was already night by the time the 10 of you arrived at the inn.

Rikuo stood by you as Tsuoki followed the old man who was leaving.

"umm... is it really okay for your familiar to be left alone with Professor Adashibara... he might kill him", Torii looked at you with a worried face. You gave her an assuring smile, "don't worry~ I already warned him not to kill him if he was a used normal human".

Torii jawdroppped at your statement, Saori on the other hand tilted her head, "what do you mean 'used normal human' uh... you know what? Nevermind~ let's just enjoy the inn!!".

"it's very big, are you sure it's free??", Torii asked as she walked in with bright smile along with Saori next to her. Yura looked around with a small frown. Kana walked with Yura after casting a small glance at Rikuo who was still by your side.

You watched as his silhouette disappeared in the darkness. Yura waved her hand at you, "(name)-chan, are you okay?", making you look at her with your usual smile. "sure let's go in".

"please come in", the maids ushered all of you to go in.

"hei, let's go to the hot bath!!", Saori grinned as she pulled Torii with her. Kana looked at you, "are you coming?". You shook your head, "I'll wait for Tsuoki-kun here". "then let me assist you here", Rikuo stood next to you, "have fun Kana-chan", he smiled at her. Yura on the other hand still looked around cautiously since she too felt something different about the place.

Kiyotsugu grinned at Shima, "since the girls are going to the onsen, we should...", he grinned. Shima thought to himself, 'peek the gi-'. "-start our yokai hunting!!!", he grinned proudly.

"uh.... It's dangerous, we shouldn't be outside at night, there are a lot of yokais", Rikuo warned them, trying his best to stop them, but that reasoning of his turned into an objective for the two especially Kiyotsugu.

Kiyotsugu literally dragged Shima along with him.

"shoot, I have to stop them", Rikuo sweatdropped while going after them but stopped when he noticed you were seating on the tatami alone with a wondering look on your face.

"come with me (name)-chan", he held your hand in his while pulling you with him to catch the boys from going any further. "wait a minute Kiyotsugu-kun, Shima-kun", he said.

You frowned after seeing that they were nowhere to be seen.

"what should we do?", Rikuo paced back and forth. "it's too dark....", you looked around before taking out your pouch that is always with you, you then grabbed dust from it which had been ancient for your clan Yamazakura, and threw it to the stairs and soon enough it lighted up the stairs.

"woah, that is so cool (name)-chan", his eyes widened in amazed.

Then you tugged his arm, "should we split up?".

"what???!!! No!! I'm not letting you go alone like that", he yelled, which made you took one step back with a surprised look. When he realized that he unintentionally scared you, he held your both hand in his bringing up to his lips, "I'm sorry, let's just stay together okay? Until they come".

He locked his hand with you while walking down the stairs.

"who???", you tilted your head at him.

"my yokai friends, I knew they actually went here eitherway...which probably includes Yuki-onna", he continued.

"oh okay~".