Chapter 18

That evening, you had your evening stroll along with Tsuoki whom seemed bothered by something, he kept his eyes on the forest next to the park where you usually had your random stroll. You didn't really paid any attention to what he was looking at since you were in your own world, cu'z you're you. While walking around, your peacefulness was erupted by some movement in the bushes, that made you furrowed your brows in curiosity

"what's that?", you thought to yourself out loud. Tsuoki whom was guarding from behind you quickly stepped forward to stop you, "don't m'lady, he's dangerous". You tilted your head sideways, to look carefully, "who are you talking about, Tsuoki-kun?".

Despite your ignorance about that someone, you did felt some weird presence that you've never encountered before, it felt weird...it was as if your life could be taken in that exact moment. Tsuoki furrowed his brows, "yokai...from Shikoku...m'lady let's go back its not safe here", he placed one arm around you, but before he actually left, the said yokais that was hiding behind the bushes showed themselves.

There were two human-like-yokais smiling at you, both were wearing what seemed like a high-school uniform. The taller male whom had light brown eyes with short black hair stared at you with a certain glint in his eyes, while the other male whom had brown eyes and hair were looking at you while sticking his tongue out.

"she....smells nice", the latter male sneered with a creepy-ass smile on his face.

"it'll be a great honor for you to join us, Yamazakura-san", the taller male said.

Tsuoki was still guarding you with a small hiss coming out from him, "stay back m'lady".

"who...are you? How did you know my name?", you clutched Tsuoki's shirt a bit, you were worried that Tsuoki might not be strong enough to protect himself. Yes, you are there if he did hurt himself, but you don't have powers that could attack yokai for your self-defense, and it was also against your policy to hurt anyone, including yokai. 

"well then, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Inugamigyobu Tamazuki, you can call me Tamazuki, and he is Inugami", the taller male introduced himself while bowing his head a little, he then cleared his throat before tilting his head with a smile, "I've always wanted to meet you, Yamazakura-san.... I heard you moved from Kyoto to here", he stated.

You bit your bottom lip as you lightly tapped Tsuoki's arm indicating that you will be okay, "I'm quite surprised you knew about me, Tamazuki-san". He chuckled lowly, "how could I not know of your well being? You're well-known everywhere, even in Shikoku........so? will you join us? Your power might be needed in our group", he smiled.

"she will never join your demise, Tanuki(bear)!", Tsuoki growled while narrowing his eyes on both yokai.

"tch, shut up fox! We're not talking to you", Inugami growled back.

"and I'm not talking to you either", Tsuoki's hand burst into flames, while his other hand was protecting you.

"fufu~ we'll wait for your response....come to the tallest building in town by midnight", Tamazuki said while putting his one hand up, indicating a retreat for Inugami, both disappeared in the dark forest. Tsuoki quickly turned around to look at you in a surprised manner, "you're not going there, are you (name)-sama?".

You placed an ensuring hand on his arm with your sweet smile, "don't worry Tsuoki-kun....I'm not stupid enough to go there". "I can trust your words, right?", he continued to try and ensure himself by asking question to you. You giggled, "calm down~ I won't go there....besides, we've never really go to the main town, I don't even know Tokyo has a tall building", you grinned, "let's head home, just....inform old-man's children to warn them about the trespassers."

"ofcourse, (name)-sama".

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

News quickly spread about one of the elder from the Nura clan was killed during some sort of investigation, it also reached your place since Sasami, one of Karasu Tengu's children, flew by your place to inform about the sad and tragic information, she also mentioned about putting up more bodyguard to guard your shrine and yourself.

Days had passed since then, new information suddenly came upon you. The fact that Rikuo's grandfather suddenly disappeared, causing even more chaos than before, the news made you even more concerned, "Is Tamazuki-san behind this? is it part of my fault because I bailed on him?".

Sitting on the edge of your shrine with a small frown drawn upon your lips, while thinking about how it was your fault about the sudden attack. How could you not think that it was your fault? Coincidentally, the murder happened right after that night you were supposed to meet with the Shikoku yokai. You felt so guilty that even your body were shaking in fright.

Both Tsubaki and Tsuoki could only watch you, because they knew it wasn't your fault, going there will be a death wish, and also not going there can cause a ruckus. You actually thought about going there that night, then again you're worried about your shrine, you were afraid that no one will give the people pure blessings if you weren't there in the shrine, besides you already left your shrine for a week, it's still not strong enough like your shrine in Kyoto.

A few minutes while in your trance, someone dropped infront of you.

It was Kuroumaru, son of Karasu Tengu.

"Yamazakura-san, have you put up more guards? We heard that someone or possibly some yokai is destroying shrines in all over Ukiyoe town", he looked around and only saw two of your familiars, he frowned even more, "this is important Yamazakura-san, your life might be in danger".

"what?!", both Tsubaki and Tsuoki gasped.