Chapter 11

The moon was out and was shining brightly as the clock strikes at 8pm. Yura was already full after eating loads of foods, the 7 of you were sitting together at the staircase which leads to your shrine, while watching the night sky and the villagers go back and forth with smiles on their faces at the festival.

Rikuo tapped your shoulder lightly, to gain your attention, "mind if I sit by you, (name)-chan?", he asked. You look up at him with your signature sweet smile, "of course you can".

He then cleared his throat and sat by you, before joining to look at the stars next to you.

"it's very beautiful tonight too", you grinned while staring at the stars that lit up the night. He only looked at you with a ghostly smile, "beautiful". "Rikuo-kun", you called softly making him hummed in response. "why are you not in your yokai form?", you whispered in a small voice so only he could hear what you said.

Rikuo froze as he look around, "you should quiet down, (name)-chan".

You giggled, "I am quieting it down, hehehe~".

He sweatdropped before rubbing the back of his nape, "I sometimes change according to time, if it's dangerous and I had to protect someone or if it's my free time where I can be myself at the Nura mansion... then I'll be in my night form, however on other occasion, I'm mostly in this form", he replied while still had his eyes on you.

You nodded your head in acknowledgement, "I see... does your other friends know about it?", your eyes swiftly shifted to your friends that sat a few stairs above you. He shook his head lightly as he rested his right hand right next to your left hand without realizing it.

"so..... is it between you and me then?", you turned your head to look at him with a gentle smile. He blushed as he thought you caught him staring at you, "I-I-I-I guess".

"ne Rikuo-kun~", you cooed with a smile, "we're going to Nejireme mountain on Monday right?". He nodded his head slowly, "..yes... but can you please not join? I'm really worried about your safety", his pinky finger lightly touched yours, again without him realizing it.

Kana, on the other hand, just noticed that Rikuo was missing from her side, only to see him with you, which made her very much displeased. Yura was resting right next to her, while Saori and Torii were resting a step below them, and the other two boys were racing from the first stair to the top stairs, again and again without a stop.

Staring at him for a bit longer, you eventually smiled softly as you realized his right hand was brushing lightly next to your left hand, before you finally locked your pinky finger with his pinky, making him blushed even deeper, "don't worry Rikuo-kun, as long as Tsuoki-kun is around I'll be safe... he may seem all talk but he's actually strong, his element is fire while Tsubaki-kun's element is water".

The finger locking quickly changed into him grasping your hand tightly, "but (name)-chan..". "Rikuo-kun calm down.... I'll be fine", you smiled at him.

🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶

Two days later~

The 9 of you were getting ready to get into the train. Tsuoki was looking around with cautious eyes as he was right behind you, carrying your things with only one hand. You were giggling with Yura after hearing funny stories from Saori. Kana just shook her head in disbelief while Torii snickered.

"so which hotel are going to stay at?", Saori turned her head to look at Kiyotsugu whom were fuming proudly. "fear not! For I have already reserved a special place! Hm! Hm!", he grinned with obvious proudness in his voice.

"besides I found a professor who told me all about Nejireme mountain and he even book a place for us", he held up his pointy finger as he talked while going into the train to take his seat.

[Miru's note:~ honestly I don't really remember that much about what happened, so Imma try my best recapping my mind]

Kiyotsugu, Shima, Torii and Saori sat together, whereas the other five sat together at another seat right beside them. You were grinning ear-to-ear while watching the train move, "so exactly what time will we arrive?". Kana shook her head, "I don't really know, but probably we'll arrive at around afternoon".

"(name)-sama, here", Tsuoki opened your bento and placed it on your lap. You blinked your eyes, "isn't this too much? Tsubaki-kun made a lot of onigiri today... let's share", you smiled brightly as you held it for the others to take, but of course Yura was the first to take, because she was closer to you and Tsuoki.

"umai(delicious)!", Rikuo grinned after taking a bite.

"of course, Tsubaki-kun makes the best bento", you giggled at the end as you brought your hand to your lips.

After eating, they played card games, which you didn't get at all, so in return you just watch it silently with a curious look. No matter how many times, you were very much amazed at the fact that Rikuo kept on getting the lucky card, which was Rihyon, his own grandfather. "lucky~", you smiled to yourself while still watching them.