Chapter 22

[Miru's note:~ by the way the song above somehow can relate with this chapter...it has a beautiful meaning anyway so I was like reading this chapter back and while listening to this song at the same time, ITS BEAUTIFUL <3 <3 ]

When you arrived at school, you could feel the eerie aura from everywhere, and Tsuoki was restless at the thought of something or someone might snatch you away from him. More yokai from Shikoku would bring a major possibility that his mistress will be in far more danger situation.

"Ohayou(good morning) (name)-chan!", Torii and Saori waved at you before engulfing you in a bear hug, while you could only smile brightly. When they pulled you away, "thank you so much (name)-chan and I hope you're feeling okay today, you've been missing class a lot of time", Torii grinned.

You giggled, "I've been missing a lots of my class to the point I thought I'm not even a middle schooler anymore, by the way where's Yura-chan?". "I think she's late", Kana replied while smiling at you.

You then sat at your place as Tsuoki stood behind you while leaning his back on the window, both of you stared at the same thing, the dark sky despite it was still morning and there's no rain. When Rikuo, Yuki-onna and Aotabou arrived in their human form, you turned your head to look at Rikuo and smiled, while he was a blushing mess.

Moments Later, Kiyotsugu had the idea of going into another building to find more yokai since he couldn't find any yokai in sight, but all of them disagree.

Despite not going along with them the other day, you knew too well what they had encountered, besides it's getting dangerous ever since yokai from shikoku gathered in a certain building.

You then remembered what Tsubaki mentioned to you, last night.

"think of happy thoughts, don't ever get into trouble and stay with Tsuoki all the time".

Sometimes you thought he's like a nagging mother, oh well, he still is a nagging mother in your shrine, despite he's a guy. You smiled to yourself at the thought, before thinking about your mom, who passed away earlier that year, due to weak heart.

'what would mom say if she knew I was here in Kyoto....only with Tsuoki and Tsubaki', you thought to yourself with a sad smile, 'I miss you....mom', your eyes started to become glossy, although you tried your best not to cry, but you just couldn't help it, so you look away to the windows and let your tears slide down your soft rosy cheeks.

What you didn't know was, Rikuo had been staring at you with a concern look, he got up on his feet and went to your table, he sat infront of the desk and make sure that you noticed him, "are you okay, (name)-chan?". Tsuoki only watched from behind.

You smiled and was about to wipe your tears before he beat you to it, he rested his warm hand on your rosy cheek and smiled, "you can talk to me if you have any problem (name)-chan, I'm here for you". Hearing what he said, made your heart beat faster than before giggling softly, "thank you Rikuo-kun". "I'm all ears, you can tell me anything and I will help you in any way I can.... Don't just cry like that, it makes me worry, you look beautiful with a smile (name)-chan".

Upon realizing what he just said, both of you turned into a ripe tomato.

Tsuoki could only cringe and be annoyed at the same time. He rolled his eyes before he took off to another place, since he know class is about to start.

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

That evening, you decided to take a walk with Kana, since it's been awhile since you even had a real talk. You were scared if you both are growing distant. You told Tsuoki to stay a bit of distance away from you two, but little did you know Tsuoki was distracted when he saw a black cat with blue eyes.

"I know it's been awhile since we last had a talk, do you hate me, Kana-chan?", you asked with a small sad smile. Kana quickly shook her hand and her head, "yes, I mean no! it's just I was afraid you were going to take my friends...because you're really pretty and everyone likes you", she stated while looking guilty.

You denied it quickly.

"until I heard from Rikuo-kun's yokai friend about your life", she smiled at the end while looking down. Her words made you wondered who she was talking about, "who?".

"he has red eyes, and white long hair", she described and that's when it clicked. She was talking about Rikuo in his yokai form, and since you very well knew that he didn't want any of his friends to know that he is a part of yokai, you only nodded your head.

"I honestly want to know more about that guy".

Suddenly, while you two were walking, someone stopped both of you and it was Tamazuki.

"(name)-chan stay back", she said defensively. You look at her with a surprised look, before being infront of her, "no, Kana-chan... what do you want Tamazuki-san?".

He chuckled, "I understand why he wanted to protect you Yamazakura-san...but I just couldn't understand why he wanted to protect a weak human like Ienaga-san here", he said cockily while covering his snickering face with one hand as he crossed his other arm.

"ne Ienaga-san, aren't you curious about 'that guy'?", he asked with a smirk. You frowned, 'who is he talking about now? Why do people keep saying this guy that guy bla bla bla, state a name atleast', you pursed your lips. "and...Yamazakura-san, will you still won't join me?", he held out his hand, "it's still not too late, to be my spouse".

Your eyes widened in shock and you took a step back, "I-I'm sorry...".

"ah, right,....you like that guy too, you know...that guy is the same as me", he smirked. Kana who didn't had any idea why you were involve in it, scold, "he's not like you! He's very kind!".

'who are they talking about, seriously?', you frowned to yourself.

Tamazuki cringed at her in disgust, before looking at you and placing a finger on your chin, tilting your head upward, "it's a shame Yamazakura-san, you would've been a proud wife of mine, hehehehe~", he smirked.

All of a sudden, a shikigami flew straight right between you and Tamazuki, making him let go of you.

"tch, an omnyoji, who is this now", he frowned.

"stay back (name)-chan, Kana-chan, I'm Omnyoji Keikain Yura! Remember my name", she snarled in a defensive stance. He rolled his eyes, "next time you'll see me, I will be much more different", he chuckled lowly before a gust of wind flew around Tamazuki and he disappeared.

Tsuoki, who finally caught up to you, apologized to a lot of times while holding both of your hand in his hands, "I'm sorry (name)-sama, I was...I...", he looked guilty.

Yura then scold Tsuoki for not taking care of you.

You couldn't help but smile before looking at Kana, 'as far as I tried to understand their words.....are they talking about Rikuo-kun? Kana-chan likes Rikuo-kun? and Rikuo-kun likes Kana-chan... ', you look down and felt your stomach dropped as your heart felt the same.

You walked away without saying a goodbye, Tsuoki noticing your disappearance again, quickly dashed to go to you. When he finally caught up, he looked at you and was surprised.

He could see tears, flowing down your cheeks like two waterfalls. He didn't know what to do, nor he knew what happened.

"(name)-sama....wh-what's wrong???".

"I...", you were still crying but did your best to answer, "I don't know why....my heart hurts...", you sat down and curled into a ball while hugging your knees as you tried to stop yourself from crying.

Little did you know, what you were actually feeling is both jealousy and heartbroken.

Why?

You weren't sure.